RCCL Pureed food for my baby

sas80

We have a 10 month old.

Pre cruise I called special services and they sent a message to the ship that I would be needing pureed food.

Once on board I went to the dining room during 1st seating and spoke with the men out front.

They took my order - 1 pureed fruit or veggie and 1 pureed protein delivered via room service at 7:30 am, 11:30 am and 5:30 pm, every day.

I even called room service and told them to just let themselves into the room, and leave the food on the bed, if no one answered their knock on the door.

Worked out great. I made sure to tip a dollar each time I was in the room and the food was delivered.

Thanks so much for posting this! We're cruising RCCL with a 9 month old next month and I was curious how this was going to work out. :)

They are going to bring you bowls of food - way more than your baby will probably eat. I suggest that you bring small tupperware containers to store extra food in (will you have a fridge?) so you can take this food around the ship, etc. The empty plastic gerber babyfood containers worked well for this. I brought some empties from home and saved the empties from the food we used on board.

Bring some back up baby food as well because you will need it for when you go on excursions. Extra plastic containers can also be used to store dry rice cereal for use later when you are out and about.

Dont forget that restaurants might have avocado, cooked beans, veggies, etc, that you can mash for your baby - in case you eat out.

Also, if your baby has favorite foods, be sure to request them. I got the feeling they would have been happy to have a 100% set menu all week if I would have provided it. I didnt want to go that far tho, since they were already accommodating my puree request.

The windjammer does have plain yogurt and cheerios. I knew that I would be swiping cheerios but I had brought yogurt and realized I didn't need too. If you dont see cheerios, ask for them. Sometimes they just are not out.

I tasted all the food because I wanted to know if DS was rejecting it because he didn't like the taste. No sense in him going hungry because the food tasted bad and I didnt know it.

Their pureed mixed fruit was always bitter so I never served it to him. This is why I suggest you ask for specific foods you know baby will like. If she likes cantelope, no harm in having her eat that as part of her breakfast all week long!

I requested one hard boiled egg a day (they always delivered two) and DS ate the yolk mixed, with a fruit gerber baby food, plain yogurt and rice cereal for breakfast every morning.

Sometimes they delivered pureed red meat (filet or whatever we had for dinner the night before) for lunch & dinner. A lot of the time I got chicken that obviously had seasoning to it. (I requested unseasoned food) At first I was hesitant to feed DS the chicken but, once he tried it, I realized he LOVED it and it didn't seem to affect his tummy or bowels at all! I was also a happy camper that he was downing a protein and not just simple fruit/carbs.

I feel bad for doing this but I always made sure I dumped some of the food in the bowl down the toilet if I wasn't using it (like the mixed fruit)

I wanted to make sure they thought I was feeding it to him since they went out of their way to puree it....:o

• 4 years later...

Archived