No Cabin Assignment- 5 days to go...

a9753

Yes - We have gotten our cabin assigned at check in a couple of times. (Just added to the excitement!) However, there is certainly still the possibility of getting your cabin number assignment before you leave. If you have purchased your cruise through a TA they will call you and let you know if you do get a number assigned ahead of time. If you have purchased through Princess directly you may have to keep calling them to ask -- I'm not sure as I always use a TA.

Yes - We have gotten our cabin assigned at check in a couple of times. (Just added to the excitement!) However, there is certainly still the possibility of getting your cabin number assignment before you leave. If you have purchased your cruise through a TA they will call you and let you know if you do get a number assigned ahead of time. If you have purchased through Princess directly you may have to keep calling them to ask -- I'm not sure as I always use a TA.

We are in the same boat so to speak, although we have a few weeks to go.

Have taken 9 previous Princess cruises and this is the first time the cabin assignment is tardy. Any guesses as to why the new behavior?

Angelo and Clare in NJ

You all sound like you have guarantee cabins. Remember with taking this choice, you may not receive a cabin until check in. This is something you need to expect with booking this way. If you really need to know a cabin # before check in then it is preferrable to book a specific cabin. This is part of the roll of the dice. You can only hope this means you will get better than the category you booked, but they are only obligated to give you a cabin the the category you booked. Keep your fingers crossed and maybe, no news is good news.

Has anyone else ever been down to less than 5 days and no cabin assignment? The cruise personalizer is gone, do I have any hope of knowing before the dock?
What ship are you on? If you're on the Sapphire (and sailing with us), it's a full ship and you can expect your cabin assignment at checkin.

Lucky you. This means you'll probably be upgraded to a nicer cabin!

Don't hold your breath. If it happens, then great... we've booked GTY in the past and one time we got our cabin the day before departing. I was getting so excited to the countdown and everyone was convinced we were being upgraded... but, nope - we got the crappiest cat BB the Dawn Princess has to offer (we booked a BB GTY). At the end of the day, it's just luck of the draw :)

I had a cruise in the spring where they called us the day before to see if we would take an upgraded room for a cruise three months later. Since we were already enroute, we declined. I called later that afternoon and had my room assignment.

No upgrade..Probably just the room of whomever they did get to take the deal when your cabin option is oversold.

Archived