Ryndam September 2

zamen

I see you are new to the HAL board. Welcome! I see that you are almost to your sailing date. Happy Sailing!

It sounds as though you have an HH guarantee. Is that right? It's possible you have a room assignment in a higher category anyway. One never knows what the upgrade fairy will do.

If the cruise is not sold out, you can pay a little more to select the stateroom that will suit you better. Your travel agent can help, if you booked the HH that way.

I'll have to let someone else give you some good ideas about travel from the airport.

Whould it make sense to chek in earlier to get a better room.

thanks

Uhhhh..it's certainly possible but I wouldn't set my heart on a new room assignment on embarcation day. HAL ships usually sail quite full. Actually, the HH rooms are quite nice. We've liked being on the Lower Prom.

deck and often you have at least a slice of a water view from your window.

And, think about this. You have THE largest wrap-around veranda just outside! :p

You and your dad should be very comfortable there but the Upgrade fairy might certainly visit you. I'm waiting for a room assignment for a December cruise. I booked a G guarantee so have my fingers crossed for a nice upgrade as well.

probably I would say the cheapest would be to get a shuttle to the pan pacific hotel (which I think is where the cruise ships leave from)

but, you could also just ask the hotel shuttle driver, which place he could drop you at that is closest to the place you want to go, then hop a cab from there. Driver will be dropping you at a hotel for sure, and there are always cabs around there.

Sorry if if this is repetitive, I have not read the other post responses.

Archived