Need help picking an excursion in eastern Carib on Zuiderdam

BetsyNY

Really sorry if this is in the wrong place... :o

My husband and I are going on the HAL Zuiderdam in October...ports of call are Grand Turk, St Thomas, Tortola and Half Moon Cay, Bahamas. Has anyone snorkeled in any of these places? There are lots of excursions offered, but we know from previous experience that sometimes if you don't hit the right spot the snorkeling can be a bust. TIA! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My husband and I are going on our first cruise on the Zuiderdam in Nov too. It would be great if someone could give us all a little help in this area.

I think I will post this on the HAL site too, everyone there has been very helpful.

Hi everyone

Although I won’t be on your cruise (we like the deep south Caribbean) I did spend a week on Grand Turk a few years, Scuba diving and there are some great snorkel / dive locations there. There was a public beach in front of the old governors house close by to the large windmill that supplied power to the entire island (most of the time) if you can find a driver that knows where it is you can snorkel right from the beach. Other wise there are several dive operators that operate on the island just goggle Grand Turk and snorkel.

St Thomas take the ferry to St John there are a ton of snorkel tours available there but I’ve been told to stay away from the “snorkel trail in the this site may help you decide where you want to snorkel there http://www.stjohnbeachguide.com/Snorkeling.htm.

Hope this helps and have a great cruse.

Eric

Archived