? re: points on RCCL Visa

An "online statement" exists only when a cycle has been gone thru and that statement is "mailed" so to speak (snail mail or electronic notification), i.e. a balance is due. Points accrue as purchases are made, but they are credited only when a statement has been "printed". Points are only visible online on an issued e-statement.

This part is not required to get OBC. When the call is made to redeem points, insist that the rep give you the certificate number(s). Then, call Crown & Anchor and give them those numbers and tell 'em you'd like them applied for OBC. This is normally only for departures within 30 days. I called BoA on Aug. 4 (the day my statement arrived showing an adequate balance), got the certificate number, then immediately called C&A and had them apply same to our cruise departing the 12th (5 business days required before the cruise). The credit was there when we checked onboard, and the certificate (which arrived sometime while we were away) was mailed to C&A after we returned (probably only a formality).

WOW...I MAY have lucked out, got the card within a week of applying, immediately conducted a transaction(bought gas)...my cyce data closed on 9/10/07, received statement in the mail yesterday...and did EXACTLY what you did above, called BOA and despite rep quoting me that takes 2-3 weeks to receive the certificate I tod her the critical part was I needed the number, which she furnished..

Hung up, and called C&A RCCL, told them I needed OBC and furnished certificate number...she reminded me to send in certificate, etc..

Unrea, y'all are AWESOME on this board with the info, I spent maybe 15 mts. on the phone...

HOPING the OBC credit comes through which I believe it should...

Thanks again, Rich

The interest rates on that card are ridiculous!!!!

But it is nice to get OBC for using it. So charge whatever you can afford to pay off and accrue your OBC. Not bad to use it for your SeaPass and just pay it off at the end of your cruise.

If you have to pay it off for a long period, after the introductory rates, you will be losing money in the end just to get OBC.

The interest rates on that card are ridiculous!!!!

But it is nice to get OBC for using it. So charge whatever you can afford to pay off and accrue your OBC. Not bad to use it for your SeaPass and just pay it off at the end of your cruise.

If you have to pay it off for a long period, after the introductory rates, you will be losing money in the end just to get OBC.

Oh heck no, absolutely pay it off at the end of the month...no carrying monthly balances...

I just spent more than an hour calling 5 diff. #s to do my first redemption of pts. & still have to wait for a call back on the coupon # on Mon or Tues to call it in to C&A. :eek: I got lucky :rolleyes: & got a new girl @ C/S. She didn't know how to do more than 1 $50 coupon & couldn't find any help. Then the fun began w/transfers & new nos. Someone else had posted the recorded options didn't include redemption & that's what happened to me. Called C&A in the middle & got a diff. # for BOA which didn't work either. Somehow I got back to the original ---2110 C/S no. & they show 15000 redemption, not just 5000, but no access to the coupon no. They will get in touch w/"Points & Rewards" dept to search it tomorrow. I told a cpl people that I'd read on CC that a run around is not unusual. I had read here the coupons were issued in $50 increments and I guess they are but it can all be on one coupon, which I didn't realize. I have no idea when the orig. C/S got it right w/the points I requested! IMHO the way to go is stay on the phone w/ the 800-421-2110 until you get someone who knows what they're doing..& maybe not call on weekends! A PMA is to look @ it as $150/hr. for my time & frustrations!:D

If I get 2 cards, one in my name and one in DH, will I be able to use both $150 OB credits for the same cruise and thus have $300 OBC? Is there any limit to how much OBC they allow for 1 cruise. We already have $200 for booking onboard. How far in advance should you send in coupons before a cruise?

I just spent more than an hour calling 5 diff. #s to do my first redemption of pts. & still have to wait for a call back on the coupon # on Mon or Tues to call it in to C&A. :eek: I got lucky :rolleyes: & got a new girl @ C/S. She didn't know how to do more than 1 $50 coupon & couldn't find any help. Then the fun began w/transfers & new nos. Someone else had posted the recorded options didn't include redemption & that's what happened to me. Called C&A in the middle & got a diff. # for BOA which didn't work either. Somehow I got back to the original ---2110 C/S no. & they show 15000 redemption, not just 5000, but no access to the coupon no. They will get in touch w/"Points & Rewards" dept to search it tomorrow. I told a cpl people that I'd read on CC that a run around is not unusual. I had read here the coupons were issued in $50 increments and I guess they are but it can all be on one coupon, which I didn't realize. I have no idea when the orig. C/S got it right w/the points I requested! IMHO the way to go is stay on the phone w/ the 800-421-2110 until you get someone who knows what they're doing..& maybe not call on weekends! A PMA is to look @ it as $150/hr. for my time & frustrations!:D

WOW...unreal, I may have lucked out then, when I called BOA the woman was awesome, albeit she said for $16 I could have the cert. expedited and sent to me in 2-3 business days, I told her chapter and verse what I read online and the KEY part was getting the cert. #...which she furnished...

I spent literally 15 mts. on the phone between BOA and RCCL...

Sorry you had such a frustrating time with BOA and RCCL...

If I get 2 cards, one in my name and one in DH, will I be able to use both $150 OB credits for the same cruise and thus have $300 OBC? Is there any limit to how much OBC they allow for 1 cruise. We already have $200 for booking onboard. How far in advance should you send in coupons before a cruise?

READ the previous posts, the CRITICAL thing is getting the cert. # and calling that into RCCAL...sending in the actual cert. is a bit of a necessary formality that RCCL requires...

I just applied today online for the card and was approved - one for me - one for my husband. Please forgive me. :) I've been re-reading the posts, but can't seem to come up with the anwers I am looking for.

1) Someone else just posted this question and was told to read the other posts. I have read them and am still unsure. If you and your spouse have separate cards, can you use the $150 each ($300) for the same cruise?

2) We are traveling 11/25/07 Mariner. Do you think I will have time to get my card, use it in enough time for billing cycle posting of points, call to redeem points, etc. Thanks for posting how to do all of this!!!

3) I have made final payment on this cruise. I see some of you have been able to get the refund of $150 after paying in full, while others have had problems. I'm hoping I will not have a problem.

4) Has anyone gotten a Romance Package from using the 15,000 points. If so, how was it? It sounds fantastic!

5) For 15,000 points you can also get an upgrade from an inside to outside cabin. We are in a D1 (outside w/balcony).

If you already are in an outside cabin, can you get another upgrade? I sound so greedy (but I'm not really)

I printed out the information from RCCL website stating that you get 15,000 bonus points, just in case I need this in the future....

Thank you and I apologize if I have missed the answers in previous posts to my questions!

New @ this also but do know [1.] Yes you both get the 15000 pts

[2. & 3.] If your billing cycle falls in soon, you can get the cert. # & call it in to C&A & get the OBC for that cruise which amounts to the same $$. [5.] I'd like the answer to this one also!

An "online statement" exists only when a cycle has been gone thru and that statement is "mailed" so to speak (snail mail or electronic notification), i.e. a balance is due. Points accrue as purchases are made, but they are credited only when a statement has been "printed". Points are only visible online on an issued e-statement.

This part is not required to get OBC. When the call is made to redeem points, insist that the rep give you the certificate number(s). Then, call Crown & Anchor and give them those numbers and tell 'em you'd like them applied for OBC. This is normally only for departures within 30 days. I called BoA on Aug. 4 (the day my statement arrived showing an adequate balance), got the certificate number, then immediately called C&A and had them apply same to our cruise departing the 12th (5 business days required before the cruise). The credit was there when we checked onboard, and the certificate (which arrived sometime while we were away) was mailed to C&A after we returned (probably only a formality).

I went through very similar process and we sail on Sunday, I was curious as to if you didn't call C&A/RCCL to 'confirm' the OBC would be applied..my pessimistic side is nervious over relying on them to actually have done what they said they'd do when I called last Sunday.

Thanks, Rich

I was curious as to if you didn't call C&A/RCCL to 'confirm' the OBC would be applied
As long as the required 5 business days is given, the only needed call would be to C&A to give them the certificate number. I guess as with anything else in life, nothing is completely and totally guaranteed. Just do as the rules state and expect them to hold up their end of the deal.

As long as the required 5 business days is given, the only needed call would be to C&A to give them the certificate number. I guess as with anything else in life, nothing is completely and totally guaranteed. Just do as the rules state and expect them to hold up their end of the deal.

Excellent, thanks...yeah it's funny not sure where the '5 business days thing comes from exactly', problably the time frame they require to 'process' the OBC, etc...

not sure where the '5 business days thing comes from exactly',
http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/pdf/Program%20Rules.6.4.07.pdf

ONBOARD AMENITIES OR CREDITS

Orders for Onboard Amenities and Onboard Credits (accompanied by the associated Reward Coupon(s)) will be accepted up to five (5) business

days (not including weekends) prior to the cruise departure date.

Be sure that your TA uses the card itself for payment (as opposed to putting it in their bank first and issuing RCCL their check) to get the double points.

e:D :D

When my TA posted my deposit payment it showed up as Celebrity Cruises not Royal Caribbean. I'm assuming this wouldn't matter, but wanted to make sure. I just applied for the RCI Visa and definetely want the double points. The website says this though:

To qualify for double Royal Points: eligible transaction must appear on your monthly credit card statement and contain either the words "Royal Caribbean" or the name of a Royal Caribbean vessel.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Courtney

Just make sure if you apply for the card you use it for your"first qualifying" purchase within 2 months of recg. it. I got it in Nov 06 and didn't use it until April 07 to book a cruise while on board. After 4 months and so many calls looking for my 15K points I was told today I don't get them because I waited too long to use it the first time I am really bummed out... and during each phone call top Bank of America I was told 3 times the points were waiting to be applied. Today they said no way.

I was told by RCI and BOA you don't get your bonus points till the end of the billing cycle. You will see it in your statement.

I'd call RCI or the TA if the onboard credit was applied to the account or upon check in you can go to the service desk and they can check if the onboard credit was applied. Bring some documentation from your TA showing your $50 OBC.

Just make sure if you apply for the card you use it for your"first qualifying" purchase within 2 months of recg. it. I got it in Nov 06 and didn't use it until April 07 to book a cruise while on board. After 4 months and so many calls looking for my 15K points I was told today I don't get them because I waited too long to use it the first time I am really bummed out... and during each phone call top Bank of America I was told 3 times the points were waiting to be applied. Today they said no way.

I applied last July online at RCI website, after numerous inquiries and phone calls, BOA still won't give me the 15K bonus because they said my promo code did not match theirs when I applied. What do I know about those codes, all I did was fill up the online application. I'm thinking of closing the acct.

I will def. close my acct. the only reason I applied (Nov) was I knew I was going on a cruise in April and I was going to book another one while on board. Never in this whole process was I told I had to use the card within the two months after applying for it. I would have applied for my husband if I had know this. And after calling for 4 months in a row looking for my points not once did anyone ever mention the 2 month rule. In fact, last month they told me the points 15k were in a "file" waiting to be applied. I am fed up....

I will def. close my acct. the only reason I applied (Nov) was I knew I was going on a cruise in April and I was going to book another one while on board. Never in this whole process was I told I had to use the card within the two months after applying for it. I would have applied for my husband if I had know this. And after calling for 4 months in a row looking for my points not once did anyone ever mention the 2 month rule. In fact, last month they told me the points 15k were in a "file" waiting to be applied. I am fed up....

From the Terms & Conditions on the online application:

§§ To receive Bonus Royal Points (in addition to basic points, if any), make any purchase or cash advance transaction with your new Royal Caribbean credit card account. Transaction must occur no later than the Closing Date of the second complete billing cycle ending after the account is opened. Bonus Points from this one-time offer will be credited to your account 6-8 weeks after you qualify. Bonus Points count towards yearly earnings limit. See Program highlights above for more information.

When my TA posted my deposit payment it showed up as Celebrity Cruises not Royal Caribbean. I'm assuming this wouldn't matter, but wanted to make sure. I just applied for the RCI Visa and definetely want the double points. The website says this though:

To qualify for double Royal Points: eligible transaction must appear on your monthly credit card statement and contain either the words "Royal Caribbean" or the name of a Royal Caribbean vessel.

Anyone have any experience with this?

You will not get the double points when posted as Celebrity. This was a glitch several weeks ago and there have been many threads on the subject. You need to call RCCL (or C&A if you are a member) to get it fixed. Or have your TA do it. Some have reported having luck by contacting BOA but it is actually a problem on RCCL's end as they are the ones who posted payment as Celebrity.

You will not get the double points when posted as Celebrity. This was a glitch several weeks ago and there have been many threads on the subject. You need to call RCCL (or C&A if you are a member) to get it fixed. Or have your TA do it. Some have reported having luck by contacting BOA but it is actually a problem on RCCL's end as they are the ones who posted payment as Celebrity.

So this glitch has been fixed? The deposit was made on my debit card, so no need to fix it, but wanted to make sure when I get my card and make payments for our cruise it will give us the double points. I'll definitely call them if I see it posted as Celebrity again.

Thanks,

Courtney

Archived