Taking Food to Your Room

Seahawk33

This will be the first time I take a cruise. My wife and I will be traveling on the Carnival Conquest. I was wondering if you could take food from the buffets or pizzeria and eat it in your room. What's the best way to carry the food to the room? The question may be silly, but I want to make sure I follow etiquette.

You absolutely can and alot of people do....some take hot breakfast food down to enjoy on the balcony and I myself bring my late night snacks (pizza, ice cream) almost every night. If you are grabbing food to bring down, you can bring a tray with you for transport...your stewart will get rid of it when you are done....

This will be the first time I take a cruise. My wife and I will be traveling on the Carnival Conquest. I was wondering if you could take food from the buffets or pizzeria and eat it in your room. .

Absolutely. This is a nightly ritual for us -- I go grab a "midnight snack" while the DW gets the kids settled in.

What's the best way to carry the food to the room?

Both hands :D .

Actually, you can usually get a tray from the buffet area. I was sometimes forced to creatively stack plates, but I always made it intact.

Don't forget, you can always call room service. The offerings are very good and you don't have to worry about a breach of etiquette carrying the food back;)

This will be the first time I take a cruise. My wife and I will be traveling on the Carnival Conquest. I was wondering if you could take food from the buffets or pizzeria and eat it in your room. What's the best way to carry the food to the room? The question may be silly, but I want to make sure I follow etiquette.

ETIQUETTE ??

It's your room, not a dinner party. :eek:

Oh yea, make sure you put a white tablecloth on the table IN YOUR ROOM ! :cool:

We did that. Just take one of the trays at the buffet, and go to your room with it. When you are finished you can leave the tray and the tablewear and knives and forks outside your cabin and it will be picked up.

BnB

It is just fine to bring back food to your cabin. We do it all the time but we make sure to cover the food with a napkin in case someone is coughing or smoking near you. It is done all the time. People even make sandwiches to bring to the beach.

Happy sailing

Margaret

It is just fine to bring back food to your cabin. We do it all the time but we make sure to cover the food with a napkin in case someone is coughing or smoking near you. It is done all the time. People even make sandwiches to bring to the beach.

Happy sailing

Margaret

Taking food off the ship is a no-no. Who knows what could be introduced to that ports ecosystem.

........People even make sandwiches to bring to the beach.

:eek: Big No-No! Please don't even think about doing this. If this is seen being done, the food will be taken away from you - either by the ship's personnel or the officers on the islands.

We, as visitors should respect the laws of the islands we visit. Their ecosystems could suffer great damage.

Anyway, the local food is always SO good, and what a change from your everyday food. I consider it a part of the great adventure.:)

:eek: Big No-No! Please don't even think about doing this. If this is seen being done, the food will be taken away from you - either by the ship's personnel or the officers on the islands.

We, as visitors should respect the laws of the islands we visit. Their ecosystems could suffer great damage.

Anyway, the local food is always SO good, and what a change from your everyday food. I consider it a part of the great adventure.:)

Absolutely correct!! Additionally, they warn you that if you take produce off the ship you may be subject to a stiff fine. (I believe they may have said this at the end of the cruise.) In any event, we enjoy eating at the local establishments and trying different foods! :D

Taking food from the dining room is debatable-I've been able to do it the equal amount of time to not being able to do it.

One time I had the bitter blanc cake for dessert-first time I ever had it in 4 cruises, shortly after that french chef took over. I asked for seconds, and the waiter put it in a to-go tray for me. That was a great 11pm snack!

Another time, wanted to take a 2nd melting cake with me, but wasn't allowed, the waiter wouldn't allow me to take the plate. Again, hit and miss!

We love to have room service bring up fruit, chips, carrot sticks, celery, and other veggies to have with a bottle of wine - we always order the wine and fruit basked so we'll have something to sip while we dress for dinner! fine - cannot wait for our next Cruise!!!! Enjoy yourself.

Happy Sails to you.

Congrats on choosing Carnival Cruise line for your cruise adventure. Why can't you take food to your stateroom? I do it all the time. Enjoy and have fun. After all, Carnival Cruise Line has the funships.

Archived