Good news or bad news???

kiraryker

I think there is another cruise sometime in March for MO area EMS folks (many of the EMS folks are also Firefighters).

During the day they offer CEU's ( continuing education units) And in the evenings... well I am sure there are other activites available ;)

Also around here, it seems the relationship with the paramedics & the Nurses seem to be Fire & Ice at times!! ( in & out of the hospital !)

Your kidding about the classes during the day, right?

Your kidding about the classes during the day, right?

I am absolutely NOT kidding.. But the key word in that phrase... OFFER... the classes are offered, no one said you HAVE to attend (and they are a little extra per CEU hour.)

All I know is: you take one class and at the very least part of the vacation can be written off for "training" purposes !

...would some would-be rebel be MORE or LESS likely to bring an iron on that cruise?:

"Hey, if it overloads the circuit and causes a fire, at least they've got us covered"

vs.

"Geez, if those guys find out I have this thing on board, they'll tan my hide"

:D

Haven't any of you guys er, girls watched Rescue Me, with Dennis Leary???? That's really how they are. My BIL is a fire fighter, and I've heard some stories!! I'm sure they're not thugs though!

Sorry, hate to break it to you, but my DH is FDNY and Rescue Me is EXTREMELY exaggerated.

I tired to find this cruise, but I could not.

Could you tell me your search phrase, I couldn't find it.

* OK I found it. NFFF national fallen Firfighters foundation.

P.S. Without the bunker pants we are just regular guys !!

Without the bunker pants?? Works for me! ;)

I think there is another cruise sometime in March for MO area EMS folks (many of the EMS folks are also Firefighters).

During the day they offer CEU's ( continuing education units) And in the evenings... well I am sure there are other activites available ;)

Also around here, it seems the relationship with the paramedics & the Nurses seem to be Fire & Ice at times!! ( in & out of the hospital !)

Hey, I volunteer to be the victim for the CPR class.

:D

I personally would travel with these guys anytime!!:D Years ago we took a group of 4 year olds from our church to our local firestation (we lived in a very small town back then) for a field trip! Some of the kids were a little scared, and those firemen made them feel SO at ease! I LOVED watching the faces of those little ones as they listened to the fireman and then got to try on a hat! What i was really impressed with was how they let the kids listen to the sound that is made when a fireman is breathing with his mask on, and telling them that if they are ever in a fire and they hear that noise, it means a fireman is there to help them and to call out to them. One of the fireman told the kids that that breathing sound is kind of like the sound that Darth Vader makes in his suit! Of course, these WERE 4 year olds who had NO idea who Darth Vader was, lol!!:D

I was actually kinda worried after reading about that horrible cruise with a group but after reading all of your posts now I'm thinking we're pretty lucky to have this bunch!!!

Now I just have to sit & wait till January 27th!!:mad::mad: I wish it was sooner.

There must be a million puns to go along with a fireman:D , and since I'm sure you've heard them ALL, I'll just say, "have a great cruise!!":D :cool:

Yep, heard them all...probably even made up a few! Thanks! I'm sure we will report back afterwards!

Archived