Which port would you choose?

St.Love

Belize is located on the second largest reef in the world. The country outside of Belize City is mostly jungle. So excursions will be nature in general. There is an excursion thru the country, over a small ferry (Large wooden raft) and then up a steep hill to a Mayan site.

Ocho has beaches. Most popular excursion there is climbing the Dunns river falls. Safe but you will need old sneaks or water shoes. Water is spring feed about 72 degrees. Bamboo raft foy the guide and 2 persons down the river is relaxing and you see the countryside.

Progresso is a very small town with a very long pier. The excursions there have to travel (45 minutes approx) by bus to the nearest town. The town (can't remember the name) has a small museum, church, town square with gift shops. The Cerveza is cheap and you can watch all the other people in the town square. Was not one of our favorite places but Bin there Done it.

My husband and I are planing our second cruise leaving on March 31st, 2008 :D . We have a choice between a few different ports and would like your input.

Belize , Ocho Rios , or Progreso :)

I can't help you here, having never been to any of those ports...YET.

But I just had to comment on your Avatar, it is too cute for words, I'll be smiling all day. And of course I will follow this thread to see the advice you get for my own future planning!

We enjoyed Progresso, not for the town itself, but as a chance to visit Chitzen Itza, among other Mayan sites in that area. The town of Merida is also very interesting and changing constantly, as more cruise passengers visit (money talks!!).

Have not been to Ocho, but have been to Montego Bay, it's OK but not a favorite.

Belize is getting better, and if you are a scuba diver a wonderful place to dive.

Hope this gives you a little info, and if you go into destinations at the top of the board, you will find lots of interesting facts.:)

Archived