Navigator Mar 15-20

tcfila

Anybody out there going to be on this cruise with a 10-12 y.o daughter? Last year she wanted to spend all of her time with us so I'm hoping she finds a friend this time!

Did you involve her in the organized kid's activities last time (I can't remember what RCI calls their kid's clubs)?. My daughter was eleven when we took our first cruise and we actually came to missed her b/c she was so involved in the kids programs we didn't see enough of her! This was on a Carnival cruise but I've heard, that RCI's kids' stuff is great also.

I'll be on that sailing with my 14-year-old (she'll be nearly fifteen by then), but she is planning to do the teen activities. Is your daugther 10 or 12? I'm not sure how they group the ages together, but I suspect the span in our children's ages will mean they won't be in the same activities.

She'll be 11 and a half. They have a group 9-11 and another 12-14. I could put her in either, but I think I prefer the younger ones! The last cruise only had 2 other girls attend and they came together so my daughter was not able to break into their circle. She tried twice and then decided she would rather hang out with us. I'm determined to make this year different!

She'll be 11 and a half. They have a group 9-11 and another 12-14. I could put her in either, but I think I prefer the younger ones! The last cruise only had 2 other girls attend and they came together so my daughter was not able to break into their circle. She tried twice and then decided she would rather hang out with us. I'm determined to make this year different!

I don't blame you for wanting her in with the younger group. What time of year was it that there were only two other kids in her group on you last cruise? I feel so sorry for her that those two girls were already friends. We've been in that situation before; not on a cruise, but in other settings. It's sad.

Let's keep in touch, though, because if neither of our girls make friends in their groups, we could introduce them, in spite of the age diference.

Although mine is fourteen, she connects well with many pre-teens of your daughter's age. She has cousins and children of our friends in that age group and does quite well with them. Although I'm not saying she's immature, she IS still interested in kid-type things in spite of her age. I guess it all depends on what they have in common.

Archived