Rollcall? Irons?

rookie1920

Hello All.

Thanks for your responses to my last post, i appreciate it.

Someone mentioned that i should sign up for a rollcall and meet people going on my cruise. i would love to do that, how do i sign up and meet people?

Lastly, i have read many times about people ironing in laundry rooms? Does that mean they dont have irons in the rooms? That would be totally insane!!!

I am going on the legend leaving sept. 30th going to grand cayman, belize, cozumel, and costa maya. Anyone else going on this one?

Hello All.

Someone mentioned that i should sign up for a rollcall and meet people going on my cruise. i would love to do that, how do i sign up and meet people?

Lastly, i have read many times about people ironing in laundry rooms? Does that mean they dont have irons in the rooms? That would be totally insane!!!

I am going on the legend leaving sept. 30th going to grand cayman, belize, cozumel, and costa maya. Anyone else going on this one?

No irons in rooms, nor are guests permitted to bring their own. Please, for safety's sake use the irons in the laundry rooms, or send it to the ships laundry service.

FWIW, I only had to wait a few minutes on my last cruise for the iron.

Hello All.

Here's the roll call for your sailing.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=459515

Have fun. :)

I've read on other boards that some people bring irons. Do you really need one? You wouldn't use it often, I would imagine. We don't plan on even bringing much that would even need to be ironed. Just wondering what other people do.

No irons are allowed....big big fire hazard. There are irons and ironing boards in the laundry rooms on each deck.

Does that mean they dont have irons in the rooms? That would be totally insane!!!

What would be insane would be thousands of folks on a ship running around in case of an electrical fire!

Leave the iron at home, use the one in the laundry room, and have a happy and SAFE cruise!:)

You're on vacation -- forget about ironing COMPLETELY!!!!

Buy a small bottle of Downey Wrinkle Release. Just a quick spray on your clothes, tug the sides and the wrinkles are gone. It takes 30 seconds!

Much better than waiting in a laundry room to use the iron, don't you think?

Besides the fact that you are on a cruiseship in the middle of the ocean with nowhere to go but overboard in case one of those 2000 cruisers forget to turn off the iron and starts a fire:D You are also on vacation, so why would you iron? All of my clothes that have a wrinkle or two get hung in the bathroom when one of us showers, the wrinkles are gone and no effort expended.

Please don't bring irons, candles, or coffeemakers.

The middle of the week they tend to have specials for laundering also, not expensive and very convenient.

Cheers, Carole

yes, good point about fires, i forget there are some people out there that we cant trust with irons. I would rather be safe and wrinkled than sorry.

How good does that downy spray work? I was going to break out all my nice "miami" wear (white linen) for the cruise... and we know how bad linen and silk are with wrinkles.

The point about the shower is a good one, i will have to try that.

Ugh! Linen will look great but too many wrinkles for me! I know Downy Spray is good for the other types of clothing. I really like it, but I have never tried it on linen. Why don't you get some and try it before you go to see if it will work well on linen? Or, take the linen and allow time in the laundry room. Not this girl, though! No laundry for me while I am on vacation!

why doesnt anyone worry about curling irons? A couple tissues left next to a hot curling iron could create the same hazard as a clothes iron.

I think that irons pull more electricity then curling irons which would in turn lead to more electrical fires. Most the irons and curlingirons these days automatically shut off when not in use. So I think it's more of a electrical fire hazard then actually setting something on fire.

Not this girl, though! No laundry for me while I am on vacation!
AMEN, sister!!! :D :D

We pack wrinkled, especially linen! Then as we are unpacking we send all these items out for "press only" service which is 1/2 the cleaning price and actually reasonable especially compared to $4 beers ;). The next day you have a closet full of perfect, ready-to-go choices.

yes, good point about fires, i forget there are some people out there that we cant trust with irons. I would rather be safe and wrinkled than sorry.

How good does that downy spray work? I was going to break out all my nice "miami" wear (white linen) for the cruise... and we know how bad linen and silk are with wrinkles.

The point about the shower is a good one, i will have to try that.

I wouldn't use it on silk! I did on one dress, and it left little dots. The drycleaner was able to get it out. The little dots do show up in pictures. I use the large Ziploc bags and fold my clothes in these. Any wrinkles fall out when I hang them. Only once did I have to make a trip to the ship's ironing room.

AMEN, sister!!! :D :D

We pack wrinkled, especially linen! Then as we are unpacking we send all these items out for "press only" service which is 1/2 the cleaning price and actually reasonable especially compared to $4 beers ;). The next day you have a closet full of perfect, ready-to-go choices.

Oh my gosh! Why haven't I ever done that for those two or three hard to iron things???????? Why didn't you tell me this tip before? :)

Archived