Ventura - Library?

Juden2307

Hi there,

I have booked a cruise on Ventura (N817 10/10/08).

Whilst reading up on her I noticed there did not seem to be a library only a Bookshop, does anyone know if there is going to a library as well?

I am an avid reader (10-12 per 2week cruise :eek: ) and don't want to haul too many books on board.

Thanks

:)

PN

Sad to say the library is one facility I look for first (after drinking holes of course :D ).

I think Chapter One is the bookshop, but I will mail P&O then post any reply here.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Juden

If Chapter One is a bookshop, it's not on the same deck as the rest of the retail outlets. It's on P deck at the bottom of the atrium, adjacent to reception and alongside the cyb@centre (horrible word). So I wonder if Chapter One isn't actually a library.....

i share the same concern that it is a bookshop , if it is well thats one of the attractions of cruising gone right out the window , the ability to be able to select from a wide range of books , perhaps some one on the maiden cruise can put our minds at rest, one for you Derek?

When I read the brochure it says (can't remember exact wording):

"If you are a bookworm or just a holiday reader then Chapter One is the bookshop for you."

Not sure what to make of that:confused: .

Juden

Hi,

This is the reply from P&O:

I can advise that we are hoping to have a library on board Ventura,

however, as the ship is currently still being constructed, we do not have

any confirmed details at this time. I am sorry for any disappointment

caused in this regard.

Kind regards

Claire Edmunds

P&O Cruises

Carnival UK

I'm not sure whether to read this as:

a) the planning of Ventura was incomplete (and is being completed ad hoc) or

b) if they had any plans to put one in at all!

Maybe they hoped no-one would notice :confused:

Juden

• 10 months later...

hi pando boy.there is a library on ventura it is on p deck next to the cyb@study room. it isnt like other librarys on other p&o ships where you can sit and read in the library,but they have plenty books for you to read.hope this helps.. humpy.. happy sailing.

Hi, Reading these threads got me panicking. We are due on Ventura mid-September and straight after the drill on departure day, we always head for the Library to make sure we get a good selection. Its such a shame that it seems to be an afterthought. I would never have enough room in my cases to pack books!!

Best wishes,

Windsong

Hi

Don't worry, there is a well stocked library on board. There were plenty of good books. I read three during my cruise and they had some really new releases too which was nice. The childrens selection was partiicularly impressive and of course all new!!!

It isn't your typical library and very open plan to the rest of the atrium area, the bookshop, again open plan, is adjacent and also have a good selection. What I liked too was that they had loads of guides to ports of call which you could get out for 24 hours, not many people realised this, but it saves taking your own!

There isn't a dedicated seating area in the library itself, but there are comfy sofas in the centre of the deck and they don't object to you taking the books and newspapers over to there.

Enjoy.

Kate

Hi,

That's reassuring. The open plan library sounds similar to the one on Navigator of the Seas. The port guide sounds a good idea as normally you have to read them in the library. I will certainly make use of that.

Thanks

Bren

Archived