Amsterdam Flat Panel A/V Inputs

JACKWC

Are the Flat Panel tv units on the MS Amsterdam configured for accessable audio/video inputs for cameras, and MP3 players?:)

I think a lot depends on how and where the LCD is mounted. I can't speak for the Amsterdam, but we were in an S cabin on the Volendam last year. The LCD was on a counter top and it was easy to get to the back. There was a plastic panel that covered the input area on the LCD and that can be popped off giving access to the plugs. I used an AV cable to hook my Epson PSD (picture storage device) to the LCD and was able to view the pictures. For some reason, though, when I hooked up my iPod I couldn't get any sound. I didn't try to troubleshoot to see why no sound, so I have no way of knowing what the problem was.

If the LCD is mounted on a wall or close to it, access might be difficult.

Thanks OldCodger73, I seem to remember the F/P TV on the Statendam last year was angled so that with a few stretch moves the inputs on the back could be reached. It would be nice to be able to plug in my iPod as the speakers in the TV are much better than in my laptop, and the music would be more to our liking.:rolleyes:

Are the Flat Panel tv units on the MS Amsterdam configured for accessable audio/video inputs for cameras, and MP3 players?:)

I can speak for an outside cabin on A deck and Main deck. The TV is bolted to a shelf and cannot be moved. The DVD player is mounted hanging under the shelf. You can get to the a/v jacks on the TV but with some difficulty, you have to reach over the top of the TV and cannot see the jacks. The jacks on the back of the DVD are easier to reach and you could unplug the audio cable with out much problem. But you need to bring an adapter to plug on the end of the audio cable. A female to female adapter is what is needed.

I can speak for an outside cabin on A deck and Main deck. The TV is bolted to a shelf and cannot be moved. The DVD player is mounted hanging under the shelf. You can get to the a/v jacks on the TV but with some difficulty, you have to reach over the top of the TV and cannot see the jacks. The jacks on the back of the DVD are easier to reach and you could unplug the audio cable with out much problem. But you need to bring an adapter to plug on the end of the audio cable. A female to female adapter is what is needed.

Thanks Bruceh4, I was hoping it would be easier, but I guess HAL needs to keep their property "unfiddled with",:rolleyes: and I can't blame them.

Archived