Vancouver Questions

mnwildfan2

Hi everyone!

I'm just finishing up our trip plans for Vancouver and I have a few questions that I'm hoping people can help me out with please.

We're planning to have dinner in Gastown one evening. Any recommendations on a nice romantic place for two that serves pretty basic (but yummy fare)? We're not huge on artistic, fusion flavors...just plain good food. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Also, on another evening I was considering dinner at Sammy J. Peppers on Granville Island. Any recommendations on that? Good, bad, too pricey, etc? I was thinking about eating after a show there (9:30 or 10:00) or do most people have dinner before theater in Vancouver?

I desperately want to see as much of Stanley Park as possible, but I'm recovering from a back injury right now and walking long distances is not going to be a possibility. The Stanley Park trolley (people mover) doesn't start until June 22 (!) so is there a different way to get around Stanley Park. I read about the horse drawn trolley tours and we will probably do one of those, but they only last an hour and I'd really like something where I can get off and look around (I can probably walk 1/4 to 1/2 mi now before needing to take a rest break).

Finally, how's the weather been in Vancouver lately?

Thanks for any and all information.

Jen

1st Cruise on Celebrity Mercury - Alaska 6/4/2004

Archived