Just got an E-mail from our Concierge

joelnlisa

Wow you know your Cruise is getting close when you get a Welcome e-mail from your Concierge!!! :)

We are sailing on the Explorer next week on the 5 night to Bermuda any tips on when the best night to eat at Portofinos??

Don't want to miss the Formal night and don't want to rush in from town on Tuesday night and The first and last nights are tough to miss due to meeting new dinner partners and tipping so it looks like Wednesday night is our only option but I understand that Wednesday night is Lobster in the Dining room????

Any suggestions??

Also I understand that there is some sort of Show/Parade on the Promenade that is real fun can you tell me when that is? We have never sailed on this class of ship before so we are excited.

Wow you know your Cruise is getting close when you get a Welcome e-mail from your Concierge!!! :)

We are sailing on the Explorer next week on the 5 night to Bermuda any tips on when the best night to eat at Portofinos??

Don't want to miss the Formal night and don't want to rush in from town on Tuesday night and The first and last nights are tough to miss due to meeting new dinner partners and tipping so it looks like Wednesday night is our only option but I understand that Wednesday night is Lobster in the Dining room????

Any suggestions??

Also I understand that there is some sort of Show/Parade on the Promenade that is real fun can you tell me when that is? We have never sailed on this class of ship before so we are excited.

Ricky the Concierge is wonderful!!!!! We loved him. I can't say enough good things about him. He'll do anything you need him to. Not really sure about your timing, we were on the 9 night. Just enjoy the lounge and Ricky!!!

Just got off the Explorer. Yes, Ricky is very nice. Good cappacino in the am in the lounge. Canapes and drinks from 5 to 8. Also, Schooner bar has a great piano player. There was standing room only, so get there before he starts.

In Bermuda we did the restless native catamaran, ages 60 to 9 years, and everyone could snorkle, great excursion. Parades are wonderful, ice skating show wonderful. Enjoy every minute of your cruise!!

since we are Diamond & have never received an email from any Concierge. So congrats on that.

We do Chops on first formal night. It is not as packed as other nights.

But we do 2 week cruises, not a short one with the high airfare. So I can't comment on those.

Parades are great, we saw one on Freedom. 11:30PM first night & 5PM about 3 nights in. Just check the Compass for them.

Any suggestions??

The concierge will have all menus for your cruise in the lounge. Go there after you board and ask to see all menus. This way you can decide which day you don't mind missing in the dining room. If you have further questions after reviewing the menus, the concierge can help and can also make your reservations for you.

We were on Explorer to Bermuda last week, Ricky was great! Formal night was Monday and lobster night was Wednesday so it looks like you'll have to decide what's most important to you. To answer the other questions about being contacted by the concierge, generally you have to be staying in a Grand Suite or above, it doesn't matter what your C&A level is if your not in a suite. Have a great trip, you'll love Explorer!

We were on Explorer to Bermuda last week, Ricky was great! Formal night was Monday and lobster night was Wednesday so it looks like you'll have to decide what's most important to you. To answer the other questions about being contacted by the concierge, generally you have to be staying in a Grand Suite or above, it doesn't matter what your C&A level is if your not in a suite. Have a great trip, you'll love Explorer!

We were in a GS, RCL had my email and I never got a msg. from him before we left. He really didn't know why.

We are Platinum members but will be Diamonds after the completion of this cruise. We are staying in the Grand Suite so that might explain the e-mail but never the less we were quite surprised by the e-mail and I know we will be in the lounge for before dinner coctails that is for sure.

Can't wait never been on this class ship with Royal before, never been to Bermuda and we are arriving early to spend two days in NYC prior to boarding and have never been there either so we are really looking forward to this trip. Flying all the way from California so we are trying to fit alot in but who needs sleep anyway......

This time next week we should be enjoying our formal night dinner:)

Thanks for all the tips

We are Platinum members but will be Diamonds after the completion of this cruise. We are staying in the Grand Suite so that might explain the e-mail but never the less we were quite surprised by the e-mail and I know we will be in the lounge for before dinner coctails that is for sure.

Can't wait never been on this class ship with Royal before, never been to Bermuda and we are arriving early to spend two days in NYC prior to boarding and have never been there either so we are really looking forward to this trip. Flying all the way from California so we are trying to fit alot in but who needs sleep anyway......

This time next week we should be enjoying our formal night dinner:)

Thanks for all the tips

Those staying in GS and up DO receive email from the concierge as they are in suites so automatically receive the CL even if new cruisers. :) You will love Bermuda and the Explorer! Monday night will be day 2 and your formal night. Only one on a 5 night. Tuesday night you'll be in Bermuda. RCCL holds a dockside festival on Tuesday nights and they have entertainment from the ship and the Bermuda Royal Guard maching band and bagpipers perform. The bagpipers are outstanding! There should be a midnight poolside buffet tuesday night also. There should be lobster in the dining room on Wed. night but you an still go to Portifino if you want instead. There is just so much to do and see the 5 night is hard but Bermuda is gorgeous so worth it! I'll be there again in Oct! Have a great cruise:) Forgot! Yes! Ricky is great and so is Allen in Cloud Nine. They do open Cloud Nine in the evening to handle the overflow. GREAT view!

Archived