Can I view main dining menus in advance to help decide if going to specialty rest.?

LakelandCat

Going on Dawn in October. We are new to Freestyle cruising. Is it possible to view the menus in the main dining rooms for the week ahead so as to help determine when we would want to try out a specialty restaurant? Also, I know reservations are recommended but our travel agent stated that you could also just show up and see if a table was available and wait on one. Is that true (of course realizing we may not get to eat at our pick if we did not reserve a spot ahead- and that's ok). We have a baby going with us and wondered how easy it is to plan the reservations, etc. Thanks to all those who have cruised NCL before.

for the main dining rooms you shouldn't have any problems just showing up and being seated, they don't take reservations. a small wait could be possible from 7pm to 8pm..otherwise you should be fine.

on the NCL star, we did endless summer with no reservations...just had to wait 20 mins for a seat to open. if it happens, it will be a late seating. some of surcharge restaurants are VERY popular...

if you google "ncl dawn menus" you will get a list. some are old, they changed them at the beginning of the year. don't get set on them being served in the same order, they could change them during the cruise. they will have menus (to look over) on the ship.

on the NCL star, they had a desk near the customer service desk...they had menus for the whole week and took reservations. a few days ago there was a big discussion on the menus, read a few pages and you may find it.

I would think that someone has the menus they can post here and you can figure it out. The menus are also up 1 day in advance to look, but I think they have them at the front desk or the reservation desk to view for the week. I am a picky eater and we did this, but I think we got them here from someone. Have a great cruise!!!!!

Shortly after boarding I stop by the customer service desk and ask to see the scheduled menus for the main dining rooms. They have always provided me with my own copy which I take back to my stateroom. This way I can decide what nights I won't miss a favorite in the main rooms and can make reservations in one of the specialty spots. The menus posted online may not be what will actually be served on your cruise, or in the order posted, so its much better to have the actually scheduled menu for you ship in hand before making any decisions on reservations.

The whole NCL Freestyle restaurant idea seems confusing UNTIL you get on the ship. The front desk has copies of everything, both main dining rooms and surcharge specialty restaurants. I found that by going for my morning walk from restaurant to restaurant and looking at the menu's posted on the outside of each venue gave me a feel for the layout of the ship and gave me some excercise? Then I planned/or made reservations for that night.

My only other advice is to eat after 8:30 to avoid any lines. Even better, eat 9pm or after to get the 2 for 1 specials at the surcharge resturants.

We ate after 9 pm at all reaturants and never ever saw any line.

Happy Cruising!

My only other advice is to eat after 8:30 to avoid any lines. Even better, eat 9pm or after to get the 2 for 1 specials at the surcharge resturants.

We ate after 9 pm at all reaturants and never ever saw any line.

Happy Cruising!

2 for 1 specials? Do you mean drinks or the meals themselves?

Archived