Sprint - staying in touch with home.

My cell service is with Sprint and I just called to check on the international rates.

My phone will not work they say, so I need to rent a phone. Charge is $65 for a month (I guess I have to do a month since I'm over 14 days).

Cost on land is $1.29 per minute, $2.99 onboard.

$20 shipping includes the return kit, holder.......

What do you all think? If there are internet cafe's, this would be fine too.. In Mexico they are $1.50 for an hour......

I had asked about the cafe's before, I need to do a search, it was so long ago, I don't remember what everyone said.

Hi. Beth. Another thread was already started. I cut and pasted this info. for you. Maria

shoshona2 user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_11482728", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gifMobal GSM World Phone

Hi,

We have always found internet cafes in all our traveling around the World since most of the internet connections on the cruise ships are very slow and very costly. My Verizon phone doesn't work around the world and we don't want to change cell phone companies, so we are buying a $49 phone from www.mobalrental.com for our upcoming trip to Europe. My friends had one while we were in Croatia in May and it worked well. You only pay for the calls you make and the incoming calls. The phone is yours for life. Since my husband and I travel so much for business, we are splurging and buying the $99.00 one. There are NO monthly fees. Their phone number is 888-888-9162 and, no, I don't work for them.

Sheila

Hi I also have sprint and last year rented a cell phone from them for europe it was very convient. This year however I purchased the phone from them since it was only $10 more then renting it. There is no monthly fee and all your calls are transfered from your sprint number to you international phone. So all anyone here has to do is dial your regular number. I hope this helps. I travel about once a year to europe so felt it was worth the money to have the phone. When we rented last year it was so easy. Jen

Archived