Group Cruises

Mikel1733

I have sailed with my family since 1979 and this year will mark our 13th cruise on mostly Carnival but also RCCL & Costa. Each cruise was excellent in its own way, regardless of small flaws.......some very small when looked at for a longer period of time.

Small groups have been aboard our sailings and in some cases were predominate in activities on board. This has never been a major issue, at least until our last cruise in October '06 on the Imagination. A large family aboard took over every venue and were extremely loud and demanding of attention from Carnival Staff. (Which was always given.) As this group was so needy for attention the Carnival staff latched on to them and always made them the star of any show. And win they did. I wanted to buy a large jug of booze to carry to all shows as they did as it must have a large effect on the winning of bingo, free gifts at the shopping talks, etc..

As it turned out this group came from the close area of the port on an "instate special for Forida residents for $189 for a 4 day cruise. At least $100 less than anyone else paid.

Could we walk around the ship and miss them...........no way . And after talks of the Liberty Cruise of 8/19/07 and the groups there with their intensive schedule of activities I have no clue how the the normal non group paying passengers could feel really inclusive on the shipl

I am hoping CCL will come out with some explaination on this matter. How do we go forward? what is fair for everyone.

for most of us the cost of a cruise whether 3,4,5,7 day trip is an investment that is paid for over a year or longer time. We can understand wind, and rain, and hurricanes.........but its a little harder to accept foul ups from groups who have their own agendas and a ship whose security is either scared or who has orders to let then do there thing.

Just tell us where we stand so we can plan accordingly.

I agree CB..........the still majority of passengers on a cruise need to be aware of what they will encounter on their vacation for groups. There is always a good chance if I find a group I can't get along with and must move my date of sailing .........that on the other end I may have made a better time for the group I am trying to avoid. Should be a two way street.

I am going on a group cruise in January, I have already posted it on a few threads, was planning on finding out how many people will be in our group this week sometime just to let people know, incase they are going to be on the Elation.

I think it may be a somewhat of a loud bunch (not me of course) :cool:

I agree! I dealt with this last year with RCCL when I found out a group of over 500 were going to be on the ship with my family and I didn't feel it was a group we wanted to be around based on comments from other posters. I was informed by the cruise line that they don't disclose large groups. I understand their point but they didn't get mine, that I am paying the same as those passengers so why should my family be eliminated from using the pool, lounges, etc that are closed for that other groups use. seems we should get same consideration.

Archived