Taking Food Off Ship- Legitimate Clarification

Okay, here's my take on this. There are posters on this board that think they know everything and like to flame people whenever they get a chance. Personally, I'm flameproof, so flame away!!!:D

I have never seen any signs posted on a ship I've cruised on saying that taking food off the ship was a "no, no". So, in many different ports I have taken food off the ship and never, not once, have I been questioned, or stopped because of it. If we are going on an excursion that doesn't include a meal we usually will take food with us. We place an order from room service before we go to breakfast and when we come back the food is ready and waiting for us. I throw it into plastic ziploc bags and off we go. Never had a problem. :eek: Flame Away!!!!!!!

I've never flamed anyone before NOR am I an expert at rules and regulations. That said ----- I have been on 4 cruises and on each one I have read in the cruise ship daily publication that no food is to be taken ashore unless it is prepackaged.

Like cookies or chips from a vending machine that are sealed are ok and cookies from room service are not.

Maybe breakfast cereal or yogurt that is sealed in it's original package would be ok??? Not sure!!

My friends have taken their children out of class many, many times for travel.

She always notifies the school ahead of time - gets some work for the children to do while traveling - and explains to the teachers and principal that

"travel is also an excellent form of education and would never deny her children the opportunity or experiences they will have". Actually, some of these vacations have even "counted" towards course completion requirements. I know when my daughter took a "Theatre in England" course over the Christmas holiday when a sophmore in college - she received extra

credit towards graduation.

Archived