ncl-pearl dive equip ?

redjellybean

Hi again, We are on the 14 day/ nov.2nd cruise of the pearl. My husband will be scuba diving for the 1st time. (he will be certified before going on the cruise). He doesn't want to take his equipment, except mask, with him but we do not know what is "included" in the excursions.

We called NCL and they said that everything is included except in Cozumel. Since I have done a lot of reading on these boards, I do not think that is correct and would like some more information from everyone here, since you seem to know a lot more than the ship's representatives.

The equipment, and correct me, the non-diver , if I am wron or require other equipment as well ... mask, snorkel, fins - what kind are provided, wet suit, ?BCD ???, air (not oxygen!!!hehe), regulator,

well that is all that I can remember.

Also, if anyone know the dive company's for this ships excursion, let me know and I can call them. He is definately on the Rhone in Tortola, 2 tank/ northwall and stingray in grand cayman, then we also visit antigua, st.lucia, samama (cayo le..bch), cozumel (he has to swim with dolphins w/me), barbados. Thanks again for all of your help

I don't know what dive operator NCL uses in Cozumel, but typically the dive operator provides tank, regulator with pressure gauge, BC, weights and weight belt. If the excursion leaves directly from the dock, they will often have some fins, extra masks and snorkels on the boat as well. If the excursion leaves from a dive shop, they can fit you out with everything, including wet suit, but the suit usually costs extra. Some shops even rent underwater cameras as well. I would suggest your DH bring his fins and snorkel along with his mask, simply because they'll be the best fit, and really don't take up much space.

One other suggestion, be prepared to have your hubby return hooked on diving!;)

Archived