Zip-Line Tour

smiles998

:confused:

I know this question has bee asked befor, but I'm hoping for some good advice.

I will be traveling to Belize in early December and want to take my older teens (16 and 17) Zip-lining. We will be in Belize from 7:30am to 5:00 pm. I'm afraid that the water will be too cold that time of the year, so I'm really affraid to take a combo tour (tubing and zip-lining).

Any advice on who to book with or other sujjestions on what we could do?

Thanks so much for any help. :)

- Karen

I am in Belize on 13 Dec. I have already been booked with Major Tom http://www.*****/. Check out his site, they have a great tubing experience for all, and a first class Zip line that your teenagers would like. This will be my first time in Belize but I have been reserching this cruise critic site, which has great things to say about both excursions. I have been tubing in Cozumel in 74-76 degree water in Dec. I adjusted fast and did not want to come out. From reading the reviews this is what temp. you can expect. Hope this helps Bill

Just finished corresponding with Major Tom about Dec temperatures. He said in Dec. the water was about 74 degrees, and the weather was usually warm and clear. Perfect for both cave tubing and ziplining. He also said the water temp. does not change, only the weather, and later in Dec., Jan., Feb.. There are some cool winds, which make the walk through the rainforest a little less hot, and the water more bracing. His words of advice is to wear a T-shirt and it all becomes far more comfortable!

Water temp should be in the mid 70's... many people will wear a t-shirt in the water. Contrary to popular belief, this will keep you warmr when in the water and actually Major Tom does a great explantion of body temperature on his tour.

The above poster is right about Major Tom at *****... his tours are first class, very reasonably priced and packed full of Belize History about their culture. One thing I know for fact about Major Tom based on tours I have done thru him is he takes GUESTS SAFETY VERY SERIOUSLY in the caves and throughout the tour.

I think you will be impressed with what a great Zipline Tour or combo with cave tubing he can offer to you. Check him out just to satisfy your curiostiy or email him for further assistance.

Just finished corresponding with Major Tom about Dec temperatures. He said in Dec. the water was about 74 degrees, and the weather was usually warm and clear. Perfect for both cave tubing and ziplining. He also said the water temp. does not change, only the weather, and later in Dec., Jan., Feb.. There are some cool winds, which make the walk through the rainforest a little less hot, and the water more bracing. His words of advice is to wear a T-shirt and it all becomes far more comfortable!

Wait till you meet him in person... he will be a friend you can call your Belizian Family just like I have !

I am in Savannah Ga.

Archived