Cost to Magen's Bay by Taxi

Buzya

My fist time to Magens Bay I did the ship excursion. It was about $35 per person, and we also got a brief tour of the island. When we got to the beach, we saw people from our ship. I said, I didn't see you on the bus, and they told us they took a cab. When we needed to get back to the bus to go to the ship, they were still relaxing on the beach.

If my memory serves me correctly it was approximately $20 each way for 2 people. Then you have to pay to get on the beach $4 or 5 per person. In addition to being more cost effective, with a cab, you are not limited to the time you spend at the beach, just make sure you get back to the ship on-time. You can tell your cab driver to meet you at a certain time for your return trip and he/she will be there.

I suggest you do the cab if all you want is the beach.

I agree with Guzutch, take the cab to Magens Bay. You can go straight from the pier or do some shopping before or after downtown. The same driver will come and get you. Last time our driver took us to Magens Bay and we arranged for a return pickup time. He wouldn't take payment for the ride over. He preferred to take the money when he returned us. I thought that was nice and ensured he would be there at the prescribed time for the return. He stopped twice on the way back at lookouts for pictures. He knew how to work a nice tip and frankly he deserved it.

Archived