Differences between British and American English

calikak

I've been following this thread closely, and it seems like the most sensible one on the boards at the moment.

So...... I am about to go to the Isle of Wight. My staff tell me that the Red Funnel Steamer's funnels are perfectly safe to pose on for my next photoshoot as they are a different design to QE2's.

Anxiously awaiting replies, as I know how keen some of you are to see some new photos.

Sir Martin

My staff tell me that the Red Funnel Steamer's funnels are perfectly safe to pose on for my next photoshoot as they are a different design to QE2's. Anxiously awaiting replies, as I know how keen some of you are to see some new photos.

Sir Martin

Sir Martin,

always keen to see more photos of feline aristocracy such as yourself. However, although my human tells me that he has seen the funnels on the Red Funnel ships, he doesn't feel qualified to comment on their safety as a photoshoot location. My only comments would be:

a. Don't trust human opinions on the subject.

b. Make sure that "M" is safely at home in York before you start.

Regards,

Stanley

Sir Martin,

always keen to see more photos of feline aristocracy such as yourself. However, although my human tells me that he has seen the funnels on the Red Funnel ships, he doesn't feel qualified to comment on their safety as a photoshoot location. My only comments would be:

a. Don't trust human opinions on the subject.

b. Make sure that "M" is safely at home in York before you start.

Regards,

Stanley

Dear Stanley,

Thanks for your sage words of wisdom, as ever. What does your staff think of posing on the propeller? Would that perhaps be a safer option?

Would you like to know how much I paid for my knighthood? Seems a shame that an eminent poster such as yourself remains un-gonged (perhaps I should re-phrase that, as it brings back a few painful memories)...

Yours, Sir Martin

Dear Stanley,

Thanks for your sage words of wisdom, as ever. What does your staff think of posing on the propeller? Would that perhaps be a safer option?

Sir Martin,

a thousand apologies for the delay in replying. My inconsiderate human insisted that he had to attend a stupid meeting at work - really, you simply can't get the staff these days; no sense of priorities. Anyway, he fondly imagines that because he has photographed about 1,500 of the things, this gives him some sort of intimate knowledge of ships and all things maritime. He certainly has an in depth knowledge of small, old and desparately unhygienic looking rust-buckets trading out of such exotic locations as Goole and Hartlepool (frankly I doubt that you'd find a bottle of Pol Acker on one far less anything less toxic) - but I'll draw a veil over that as I wouldn't want to offend public decency by talking about such things on a board dedicated to matters Cunard. Nevertheless, despite his obvious stupidity, he purports to be a staunch ally of feline kind and wouldn't deliberately harm any of us (unlike another York resident I could mention). His advice is to stay away from the propellor altogether. He takes view that, whilst it would certainly make an excellent and unusual photograph, propellors are tricky little devils and prone to sudden unpredictable movements which could leave you deprived of more than your gongs (if you know what I mean).

Yours aye,

Stanley

PS - I would be interested to know what your K cost, but frankly I doubt if my human would fork out the necessary folding stuff. He's Scottish like that other nutter Happyscot, and is notoriously tight in the financial department. My other human had to knock forty colours of @&$! out of him before he'd agree to pay for the last cruise.

You're OK with liferafts. It's lifeboats where she has a problem:( (Well, more of a weakness really:p )

Shhhh, Malcolm...I have an image to protect...if only I could remember where I left it!!:rolleyes:

Are we getting a lot of cats here? Is it time for a REAL dog photo again?

FONTI...I'd say that covers SM quite nicely...or what's left of him after his funnel event:eek:

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

Technically, yes. But, I'm hoping that, with the "fitba" in full swing, HS will be too inebriated by now to notice something as subtle as that :)

Jimmy

Now that they have won, I'd imagine that HS will be extremely Happyscot and is likely to be comatose for at least a week!

David

p.s. can we please have something rub off on our oval ball team for the RWC? They badly need it :mad:

Technically, yes. But, I'm hoping that, with the "fitba" in full swing, HS will be too inebriated by now to notice something as subtle as that :)

Jimmy

HS is off somewhere celebrating. Quite likely he won't remember writing the original message...;)

Dear Stanley,

Would you like to know how much I paid for my knighthood? Seems a shame that an eminent poster such as yourself remains un-gonged (perhaps I should re-phrase that, as it brings back a few painful memories)...

Yours, Sir Martin

You know, SM, if I were you, I would posit to Malcolm, as he is so fond to have you pose on the prop, that in order to look really fetching, perhaps if you posed in his arms! Then see what he says!

Karie,

I'm just saying!

Oh Casshew...I am so very sorry for your loss. What a heartbreak that is. We have been there all too many times and miss all of them still. How very lovely Ambush was. I"m sure she's still very much in your heart as are my missing babies.

Here is my Certified Therapy Dog...Bear. Don't know how to do the big pictures so this will have to do...he's VERY handsome and loved by all his patients at the nursing homes he visits

Cheers, Penny

DSC02208_2.jpg.6fb714fd1ae18bae172d2d03209c9651.jpg

DSC00622_2.jpg.756ca2ae9d57de5d065d5b3bec9b3674.jpg

Very sure. He was a Curly Coated Retriever. We lost him in April. The house still seems empty.

We lost his buddy in 2004....

Archie.jpg

Matthew

Matthew...my sympathies on your loss too....such a handsome guy...retrievers are such "human" fur people. I know that empty house feel all too well. It's so very hard to say good-by. Luckily for us Bear came at the right time to help us smile again. I'm so sorry....

Cheers, Penny

Archived