Which cruise line for fibromyalgia pain???

Jakk

My family and I are planning our first cruise to the Mexican Riviera.

We have an adult traveling with us with Fibromyalgia, and terrible back problems.

We can't decide which cruise to go with, so, please any suggestions regarding comfortable beds, and public areas that may have couches or comfortable chairs would be great.

We're considering Holland America the Oomsterdam and Royal Caribbean the Vision of the Sea and the Norwegian Star.

Thank you in advance for your very appreciated help. We really want to have an enjoyable and comfortable, pain free vacation!!!!

I can't give an answer about Royal Caribbean or Norwegian but I can tell you Holland America has very comfortable beds. They are pillow top. The sheets are very nice too.

We were on the Vision and I loved the beds because they were so firm, so that may not be the best choice. I have a daughter with fybro and I know what an awful disease it is and so painful. I sure hope you friend goes and has a great time, let us know, Cozzette:)

Thank you for the replies.

We discussed our plans, would anybody suggest using Princess or Carnival for better beds?

We had used Celebrity for an Alaskan cruise, at first the beds felt nice and firm, good for a sore back, by the end, we couldn't sleep, we felt beat up.

I have heard to ask for egg crates, do ALL lines supply these? Celebrity did not.

:) :) :) Thank you so much.

NCL beds seemed very comfortable, and they did offer egg crates..

as far as comfortable places all around the ship, there are many on all ships..But as far as the show area on NCL the seats are HORRIBLE..

you would have to sit at the top upstairs on the couch like areas to be comfortable...

i just wanted to throw that out, im not banging on ncl since we went on the star 2 times last year, but i wish they would have changed those dang seats..

i hope that you all have a great time...

melissa

I loved the beds on Carnival & RCCL. Princess does offer eggcrates - we got one for our Island Princess cruise. We did not need it for Carnival or RCCL. I prefer a firm mattress, while DH likes it softer. With that said, I enjoyed the Carnival mattress more than DH did... it is pretty firm. If the Vision has the new beds, like the ones on Liberty - those are FANTASTIC!

Archived