Embassy or Hyatt Pier 66

travelscrapper

We arrive in FLL around 11:00pm on 9/24 sailing on Carib Princess 9/25.

I have 2 reservations booked

1 @ Hyatt Pier 66 $70.00 for the night

1 @ Embassy Suites $80.00 for the night

So the question is which one will suite our needs better? Does either hotel offer r-trip transfers airport/pier?

Since we get in late I know we are going to be dog tired & just want to go to bed. Saturday we just plan on going over to the ship maybe hit a grocery store for water.

Which one are we better off at ?

Thanks~

Sherri

We arrive in FLL around 11:00pm on 9/24 sailing on Carib Princess 9/25.

I have 2 reservations booked

1 @ Hyatt Pier 66 $70.00 for the night

1 @ Embassy Suites $80.00 for the night

So the question is which one will suite our needs better? Does either hotel offer r-trip transfers airport/pier?

Since we get in late I know we are going to be dog tired & just want to go to bed. Saturday we just plan on going over to the ship maybe hit a grocery store for water.

Which one are we better off at ?

Thanks~

Sherri

The Hyatt is closer to the port (by maybe a tenth of a mile or two... Embassy is almost directly across the street from a Publix grocery store, the Hyatt you would have to drive up to.....not sure about the transfers. The Hyatt USE to be a little classier than the Embassy, but I have seen good reviews on both here on the boards and have not stayed at either place in years. Bottom line, both would provide you with a place to lay your head for the night and worse case, a cab would not cost you all that much from either one.

If you were coming in earlier in the day, I'd say Hyatt Pier 66. Since your coming in late and getting up early, then Embassy Suites is an easy choice. Your breakfast is included in the price and your next to a great grocery store (Publix) to pick up items before heading over to the pier.

I agree with Seagarsmoker. Embassy Suites is the way to go (even if Hyatt 66 is a step above in quality)... we have stayed there and had no complaints. The breakfast is a very nice buffet that you can linger over if you get up too early to get to the ship :rolleyes: . When we were there this past January, it was just after I started hearing on these boards about them discontinuing the shuttle but when I asked the concierge/front desk she just asked me what time I wanted! One thing about getting in so late, though is that all the good times could have already been filled by then. Be sure to ask as soon as you check in. The cost of a cab to the pier is negligible (about $5?) and Embassy does have free shuttle from the airport. Once again, though, if your flights are late, I think their shuttles don't run after midnight...not sure, but the cost of a cab is not much from there either (about $12?). We'll be there in January this year too. Have fun deciding!

Archived