POH 8/27 Review!!

KKCruisers

Kat,

More questions if you don't mind :), I reread your review as I knew someone here had recently cruised with 4 adults. Which we are doing.

Was there plenty of room in the van for all the luggage from Airport to hotel in Oahu? I reserved a mini van.

Also what type of car did you rent in the other ports? I have reserved a full size at a higher rate to make sure there's plenty of room for whoever sits in the back. We got a PT Cruiser convertible reserved for our Road to Hana day. What did you do? How did it work out? Would you do anything different?

Also any driving tips from airport to hotel area? Any driving tips from and return car rental.We are not getting GPS, as I have read some not so great things, plus I'm pretty good with a map, transportation is my business :)

Also would you say the CD was worth the expense for RTH? I have read good and bad on the CD.

Thanks again for a great review, and for answering my silly questions!

Judyf,

About the cars. We rented a Dodge van for our 1st day and were upgraded to a brand new Chrysler grand imperial, which we loved. There was plenty of room for all our bags. 8 luggage and 3 carry ons.

We rented compact''s in most of the ports and were upgraded in every port. On RTH we had a Lincoln town car and it was fine, my dh had no problem at all.

I liked the CD and you also get a DVD which I haven't played yet, because I just thought about it now, thanks for reminding me.

It is a very easy ride from the airport to Waikiki, just ask for a map and have them mark it for you or if you have a GPS, just plug the address in.

If you are using Thrifty they are right near the airport so you just drop on your bags and go back to Thrifty for a ride to the Airport or you could bring your bags on the shuttle.

Have a wonderful vacation. I'm jealous.

Mahalo,

Kat

.QUOTE]

We are leaving for Hawaii next saturday and sail 9/24 on POH.

The NCL brochures state that jackets & ties need to be worn by the men and dresses by women when there is a "formal" night.

Did anyone follow these "rules/guidelines"??

I've told my DH that he won't need a jacket and tie on this cruise. He's making a list of clothing to pack and he asked me to post this question.

So any help on "attire" for eating dinner in any of the restaurants would be sooooo helpful.

We are so excited....1st time to Hawaii!

I enjoyed your review so very much....I enjoy the details also.

Aloha!~

He won't need a jacket or tie, my husband didn't even bring one.

Have a wonderful time, I look forward to your review.

Mahalo,

Kat

Judyf,

About the cars. We rented a Dodge van for our 1st day and were upgraded to a brand new Chrysler grand imperial, which we loved. There was plenty of room for all our bags. 8 luggage and 3 carry ons.

We rented compact''s in most of the ports and were upgraded in every port. On RTH we had a Lincoln town car and it was fine, my dh had no problem at all.

I liked the CD and you also get a DVD which I haven't played yet, because I just thought about it now, thanks for reminding me.

It is a very easy ride from the airport to Waikiki, just ask for a map and have them mark it for you or if you have a GPS, just plug the address in.

If you are using Thrifty they are right near the airport so you just drop on your bags and go back to Thrifty for a ride to the Airport or you could bring your bags on the shuttle.

Mahalo,

Kat

.QUOTE]

What is the rate on the Thrifty rentals? I am trying to decide whether to use them or rent through Roberts hawaii. Is it a better discount in joining the Blue chip?

Judyf,

Mahalo,

Kat

Thanks Kat,:cool:

So a compact was big enough for 4 adults at the ports without luggage? Plus you got upgraded. I might have went to big and of course a bigger price asking for a full. I just wanted to make sure everyone has enough leg room. O need to think this one over some.:confused:

What is the rate on the Thrifty rentals? I am trying to decide whether to use them or rent through Roberts hawaii. Is it a better discount in joining the Blue chip?

Aloha,

What you do is sign up for Blue Chip and then go to Discounthawaiicarrentals.com then click on the Thrifty site it will bring you to Thrifty, but now you will have the Discounthawaii discount code and your Blue Chip discount. This worked out great for us. Also if you book using the discount Hawaii site you don't have to pay for a second driver. Print out where it says that on their site and bring it with you when you pick up your car.

We also rented with Avis in Kauai because we heard that Thrifty wasn't up to par there. We were upgraded too.

Have fun,

Kat

Aloha,

What you do is sign up for Blue Chip and then go to Discounthawaiicarrentals.com then click on the Thrifty site it will bring you to Thrifty, but now you will have the Discounthawaii discount code and your Blue Chip discount. This worked out great for us. Also if you book using the discount Hawaii site you don't have to pay for a second driver. Print out where it says that on their site and bring it with you when you pick up your car.

We also rented with Avis in Kauai because we heard that Thrifty wasn't up to par there. We were upgraded too.

Have fun,

Kat

Thank you!!

Archived