POH Review 8/13/07

amylynn68

• Administrators
Here is the link to my review. It was posted today. Thanks again to everyone for all the information on Hawaii prior to our trip. I hope my review is helpful to someone. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Amy

This would be the link Amy mentions: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=32335

Thanks for taking the time to do your review, Amy. I'm sorry you had some disappointments on your trip, especially the room steward situation. I could tell that was a daily irritant, as it would have been for most anyone. Our first day our cabin wasn't made up because children had changed a bunch of the wheels to Do Not Disturb -- I called and politely requested a meeting with the floor supervisor for our deck, and he and our steward came so that we were able to communicate that we wanted our cabin made up every day, regardless of the wheel -- and it was. It's okay to lower your expectations somewhat for these ships, but making up the room in a timely manner is a minimum level of service. Once you contacted them about it on day five did it improve?

I'm jealous you got to sail by Molokai! I imagine the reason they didn't stay in Honolulu or go early to Maui was that they couldn't -- berthing space in Hawaii is at a premium because of the cargo ships constantly moving in and out (most everything goes to/from Hawaii by ship). I read an article linked here about the Kahului port a few months ago -- the harbormaster was having to flip ships around like a giant Tetris game to get them all in on one very busy day (certain ships have to be near certain cranes, etc.)

Your dinner at LeBistro sounds wonderful and romantic -- so glad you enjoyed that package! I also thought your day on Kalapaki Beach (that's the one by the pier at Nawiliwili) followed by Luau Kalamaku sounded like a great day in Hawaii. :)

Congratulations on your marriage; I wish you all the best, and really appreciate your review.

Thanks MichellP, I forgot to put that link in there. Unfortunately, after making a complaint to the reception desk, nothing improved. We just learned to remember to grab towels from another steward before going back to the room. Thanks for the explanation as to why the ship couldnt stay in Oahu or go to Maui. I didn't see any other ships while we were there, so I didn't think of that. Molokai was very nice, although getting off the ship would have been better. Thanks again.

Amy

Archived