Jewel o/t Seas D1 Cabin Info & Pics

G-Man

Going on the Jewel next spring break and wanted to get some info on our room and kid programs. Will be in a midship D1 cabin on deck 9. Can somebody give me some info and/or pics. Also, cruising with my twin 9 year old girls and my wife. What experience did you all have with teh kid's program and general activities.

Thanks for the input.

G-Man

we will be on jos on 11/14/04 in cabins 9560, 9562, 9564, and 9566. this is a d1 - i'll try to remember to take pics and notify you. I'm curious to know if anyone that has already sailed on jos has any pics or info about these cabins. Can't wait - we're so excited - tomorrow is our final payment date. never been so excited to spend that kind of money!!!!

G-Man,

I just returned from the Jewel sailing of 8th August. I was in stateroom 9054 with 2 children. My cabin had a pull down bed and a sofa bed. Chose one like this, otherwise, if it has only a sofa bed it will take all your cabin space. In a cabin like the one I took, the sofa bed is open only for one person.

Anton

The lifeboats will be below you. Being on your balcony you´ll look at a white roof that covers the life boats.

I thought that overhang was just on the front part of the ship! My stateroom, 1570(Deck 10) is just over 7620. I was told that there would be no problem with the overhand in this location.:confused:

I thought that overhang was just on the front part of the ship! My stateroom, 1570(Deck 10) is just over 7620. I was told that there would be no problem with the overhand in this location.:confused:

Well I just checked my pics and compared them with the deck plan. I think the overhang reaches to the back up to approx. cabin 7650.

I´m talking about the roof covering the lifeboats. But speaking about an overhead overhang. You will have this on deck 10 as deck 11 spreads out a lot wider than deck 10. So you will have an overhead overhang up there too.

Here you can see the view of the lifeboat cover from deck 10:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/157677307/157680860IcZgCk

Here you can see the overhead overhang and the life boat cover from pier:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/125049819/125051202DmmZtq

But speaking about an overhead overhang. You will have this on deck 10 as deck 11 spreads out a lot wider than deck 10. So you will have an overhead overhang up there
yes, I realized that. I picked our stateroom location because the overhead overhang wasn't as large where we are. Besides the aft, that we don't care for, it doesn't seem that there any good areas of the Radiance class ships to have your stateroom location . We are in a JS.

yes, I realized that. I picked our stateroom location because the overhead overhang wasn't as large where we are. Besides the aft, that we don't care for, it doesn't seem that there any good areas of the Radiance class ships to have your stateroom location . We are in a JS.

Well I must say that I had no problems with the overhangs. I stayed in a GS (1552). They really didn´t disturb me.

Has anyone sailed in stateroom 7620?

Does the white roof of the lifeboats below spoil the enjoyment of a balcony/

Is it worth trying to change to a forward cabin as these appear to be the only ones without an overhang below them?

Hmmmm -- you posters have me wondering now about the overhang. We have a GS on Deck 10 booked for the spring. For anyone who has cruised on the older Vision class ships, also -- is this overhang MORE than on the GS on the Rhapsody of the Seas or Splendour of the Seas? We are used to a covered balcony (with some overhang on RCI) -- just wondering ...

Thanks.

Bookit

Just booked the Jewel in D1, cabin #7674 for the transatlantic crossing on May 1.

Have never booked a large ship before so I do this with some trepidation. Any info on the difference between this size ship and one of the 20,000 ton to a 44,000 ton would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vic

GO EAGLES!!!

73 Rembrandt

79 Starwind

80 Norway

80 Nordic Prince

84 Iceland

85 Germany

86 Sweden

87 Norway, Holland, Denmark

88 Germany

89 England, France

90 Brazil, Peru, Argentina

91 Columbia

92 Venezuela

96 Zimbabwe

97 South Africa

97 Peru

98 Argentina

98 Kenya, Tanzania

99 South Africa

00 Zimbabwe, South Africa

03/03 Noordam

11/04 Royal Princess

05/05 Jewel of the Seas

Madforcruising,

Thanks -- not exactly excited about the idea -- but at least I'll be prepared for it. We have found that the Caribbean sun is much purer than what we're used to, and the covered balcony has been O.K. -- I just like the idea of being able to see some sky upward (at night) from the balcony.

Just looked at a deck plan, and it seems the balcony is also larger on #1554 (the one that Folgy mentioned). What is the Yacht Club? Last May when we booked onboard the Splendor, I was concerned that the hall juncture would be noisy. I'm a light sleeper --anyway ...

Bookit

The Yacht club is a small seating area in the Centrum. Here is a pic:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/159248397/159255132HPAYXQ

Concerning noise, Ive been in 1552 and never heard anything. The Centrum area can be quite noisy. But when entering the hallway to the cabin the noise is reduced very well and as soon as you close your room door you hear absolutely nothing.

Hi, I was in a D1 on the Serenade last week (1056 - midship next to elevators), which is the exact same as the Jewel (which I'll be on next year!). Here are the dimensions I measured for my post while I was on ship (Live from the Serenade - AK 8/15):

I'm in a D1 room (1056 with an extended balcony, next to the elevator/stair lobby). I hear nothing. The most noise I hear is when out on the balcony, I can hear kids running in the Windjammer hallway. Here are the measurements (this is mainly for Carol - I think - or anyone else in a D1 or similar):

Closet Length = 59", Closet Depth = 17", Closet Height = 78"

Vanity to the TV = 72"; Vanity desk area only = 52", Depth = 15"

Stateroom Width = 102"

Bathroom length = 48"; Bath width (shower wall to mirror) = 66"

Shower diameter = 30" (if I put my fists to my chin and arms out, they touch the walls)

Hall door to balcony door = 266" (bed included in this # is 68" across)

My balcony at its widest point is 108" and 163" from door to rail.

I think somewhere in my post I listed # of shelves, closet racks, etc., but not positive.

Archived