Flying into St. Petersburg/Clearwater International Airport for Inspiration Cruise

kaw904

:D We are flying into St. Petersburg/Clearwater International Airport for a cruise on the Inspiration beginning May 24, 2008-5 days. Last May did the 7 day Western on the Glory and had a fabulous time. We fly into the smaller airports in Florida because then we don't have to deal with O'Hare in Chicago-we fly directly out of Rockford, IL. We live in Rockford and the convenience is worth it.

Wondering if someone could tell me about any reasonable hotels in this area? We would rent a car and drive to Tampa the next day.

Or would it be better to rent a car soon as we arrive at the airport and head straight to Tampa? If better to just go to Tampa for the night, what is a convenient hotel close to the port.

Also, if you have rented a car what is the best company with an easy drop off close to the port?

I read cruise critic and got the best advice on the above for Orlando/Sanford and the Glory cruise, so hope you can help me again.

Thanks.:)

:D We are flying into St. Petersburg/Clearwater International Airport for a cruise on the Inspiration beginning May 24, 2008-5 days. Last May did the 7 day Western on the Glory and had a fabulous time. We fly into the smaller airports in Florida because then we don't have to deal with O'Hare in Chicago-we fly directly out of Rockford, IL. We live in Rockford and the convenience is worth it.

Wondering if someone could tell me about any reasonable hotels in this area? We would rent a car and drive to Tampa the next day.

Or would it be better to rent a car soon as we arrive at the airport and head straight to Tampa? If better to just go to Tampa for the night, what is a convenient hotel close to the port.

Also, if you have rented a car what is the best company with an easy drop off close to the port?

I read cruise critic and got the best advice on the above for Orlando/Sanford and the Glory cruise, so hope you can help me again.

Thanks.:)

At the bottom of this page you will see an area called

Forum Jump"...click on that and go to North American Homeports. Then click on Gulf Coast Departures. Alot of info there....One thread oon Tampa has over 2000 posts....You'll find whatever you need there.....;)

Archived