Has Anyone Been On The Miracle Tortola Kayaking Excursion

lindaleecamper

We did this in December while cruising the Liberty. I am going to be very honest here. They took us to a beach that had a bar under construction, we got the kayaks and headed out to another beach, that has a creepy older guy on it. What we were told is that a coupe of years ago he and his wife owned this area, but it was purchased by Bill Gates and AMway away from him. They allow him to still live ther until he dies. Ok then you go back and get your snorkle gear and head out in the area for snorkle. Then they pore the rum punch. This is the whole of it,

The one item that did upset me was the trip back to the shore. The boat they had brought us over in, was having issues and so they borrowed the boat the construction workers were using. Very small, had seats for only three and only three life jackets, There was about 25 of us and three kids. The water was getting really rough as a storm was coming. This boat would give out due to the weight and hitting the waves it would give out and he would have to power down and then up. Both DH and I felt this was unsafe and dangerous. I was sitting on the floor and DH was standing next to me, we hit one wave so hard he flew up in the air about 2 feet and came down hard. There was myself and a couple of otherladies that pretty much prayed that we would get back to shore safely. I kept asking Dh how much further, and if we capsized could we swim from that point.

We made it back and I did report this to the Excursions desk when we got back to ship. Hopefully this will not happen, should you choose to go.

Archived