laberdee zip line $

oakleys

I just called RCCL and the rep advised me that the weight is still 250 max for the zip line.

RCCL is famous for giving out WRONG info over the phone. It totally depends on weather conditions.

But go ahead and book it, because if you are over on the scales your money will be credited back to your account (in a few weeks).

Have fun, it's sooooo worth the money.

Like Five-Riley's said, she had to go without her hubby because he wt'd 202. They don't cut any slack.

Pat

No, I didn't get the photo, I've been so busy. I need to reply to your email. I will do so in the morning, I'm waiting for 9/23 to pay and confirm the SOTS so i can start a new AMEX billing period if you know what I mean!! last I checked 1072 was still open. I started posting on SOTS 9/30

I see you found my video that I took. I am one of those people who weighs 250 and now that I won't be able to do it again, I'm glad that I took the video.

What the heck happened to the camera there at the end? I also heard someone ask you if you were ok? What's the scoop?

RCCL is famous for giving out WRONG info over the phone. It totally depends on weather conditions.

Pat

Hey PP :D

Our day on Labadee was so wonderful. The weather was perfect! Not a cloud in the sky .... and not a breeze to be found! :eek:

One of the zipline operators that I chatted with as I was trying to get the sunscreen out of my eyes said that they would raise the limit up to 220 if there was wind and humidity. But on a dry, perfect day like ours .... yep 200 is the max they'll do :)

I totally agree with you. RCI on the phone said 250, and that stupid shore excursions booklet said 275!

So I hope that the board people read this and believe your account of the zipline .... and not try and call RCI ... only to hear 250 and then think "we'll be able to do this!" .... and then be disappointed :)

What the heck happened to the camera there at the end? I also heard someone ask you if you were ok? What's the scoop?

I had to lift my legs and I was more paying attention to not losing my legs. The person was asking if I was ok because i came in really fast. If you watched the guy next to me, I passed him and I really shouldn't have passed him. They say do the "Starfish" which is spreading your legs and arms to catch more wind and I couldn't do it very good because I was hanging on to my camera, so I gained a lot more speed.

I had to lift my legs and I was more paying attention to not losing my legs. The person was asking if I was ok because i came in really fast. If you watched the guy next to me, I passed him and I really shouldn't have passed him. They say do the "Starfish" which is spreading your legs and arms to catch more wind and I couldn't do it very good because I was hanging on to my camera, so I gained a lot more speed.

Yeah, I saw that you passed the other guy and wondered if that was supposed to happen. Glad you came through unscathed.

We did the zipline Aug 27. It was well worth the $65 if only for the view but we heard it was going up to $90 soon. I believe the weight limit flucuates according to conditions. It was 275 when we signed up online before the cruise. When we got there it had been dropped to 220, reportedly because someone had either hit the water or landing platform with their foot and broke it.

I read a recent post that said the weight had been reduced to 200 due to damp cables and no wind which presumably causes you to go too fast down the line.

I would definitely book the excusion online as soon as you can. It fills up very fast. I would doubt you would be able to sign up on the island. We had one of our group who was late for his time slot and they refused to allow him to go because they were maxed out.

Good luck

Jimmers

BTW, I doubt there is a restriction on cameras. Look at all that free advertising they get on youtube. I took my video camera on Aug 27 and there was no problem. Except that I was too preoccupied with my form and didn't want to risk dropping the camera. I had a wrist strap but still...... Kind of wish I had, would've made a great memory. I did get my daughter going down though which was neat.

Jimmers

• 1 month later...

:)

I'm confused. There are quite a few videos on youtube of this zip line. And the operators seemed pretty well aware of the cameras.

I doubt that this is true. We did it Aug 27. Many, including myself had cameras or camcorders. You have to have a wrist strap but other than that there was no problem. Video and photos are free advertising for the zipline. It sure convinced me to try it out.

I found it well worth the money. The view alone is worth it IMO. If it stays at $65 I would do it again but if it goes up to $90 as rumored I think I'd pass on a repeat visit.

The weight limit varies according to weather conditions, etc.. When the line get damn and there's no wind it makes the "rider" go too fast. The lowest weight limit I've seen is 200.

For the poster asking about lockers, yes they do have them at the starting location at Dragons Point. This is where you put your harness on. The zipline ends at this area so you can get your stuff from the lockers.

Jimmers

:)

I doubt that this is true. We did it Aug 27. Many, including myself had cameras or camcorders. You have to have a wrist strap but other than that there was no problem. Video and photos are free advertising for the zipline. It sure convinced me to try it out.

I found it well worth the money. The view alone is worth it IMO. If it stays at $65 I would do it again but if it goes up to $90 as rumored I think I'd pass on a repeat visit.

The weight limit varies according to weather conditions, etc.. When the line get damn and there's no wind it makes the "rider" go too fast. The lowest weight limit I've seen is 200.

For the poster asking about lockers, yes they do have them at the starting location at Dragons Point. This is where you put your harness on. The zipline ends at this area so you can get your stuff from the lockers.

Jimmers

This may sound like a silly question, but do you remember what the cost of the lockers was so I can be prepared with correct change? Also, were they big enough for the whole family's stuff?

This may sound like a silly question, but do you remember what the cost of the lockers was so I can be prepared with correct change? Also, were they big enough for the whole family's stuff?

They were small half lockers but you could use more than one if you needed. I don't recall there being a charge for them. But if there was you could put it on your ship's card since RCI runs the operation.

Jimmers

• 4 weeks later...

I believe the price is now $80.00 for the zipline. I'm still trying to decide if this is something that I would like to do. Can anyone share their recent experiences? When the pirce was $65.00 I thought it was pretty high for a quick ride. One the other hand, the view does look beautiful and it looks like a lot of fun. How does it compare value wise to parasailing (maybe one can't even compare to the other)? I really enjoyed parasailing but it's always fun to try something new too. Thanks for any input!

I believe the price is now $80.00 for the zipline. I'm still trying to decide if this is something that I would like to do. Can anyone share their recent experiences? When the pirce was $65.00 I thought it was pretty high for a quick ride. One the other hand, the view does look beautiful and it looks like a lot of fun. How does it compare value wise to parasailing (maybe one can't even compare to the other)? I really enjoyed parasailing but it's always fun to try something new too. Thanks for any input!

I did it in August @$65 and have no regrets. It was actually two rides, one on the shorter practice line and one on the main one. It was great fun and the view was awesome also. I have the shot from up there as my screensaver.

For a first time I probably would've done it @$80 but I don't think I'd do it again at that price.

I've done parasailing also and that's fun too. I don't remember the cost. There totally two different things but if you liked one you should like the other. Like you said it's about trying new things.

Jimmers:)

And believe me it was worth every penny of the $65 we paid...... They did tell us it was going up to $90 in a couple of weeks....

It may be a great ride, but still, that price is absurd for one ride. Just for comparison Vallarta Adventures charges $95 (and you can get it 10% off that) for their Outdoor Adventure which includes a mule ride up the moutain, waterfall rapelling, rope bridges, jungle hiking, and NINE zip lines. If you buy this through the ship it goes up to $114.

DH, myself and two friends did the zip on Labadee this Thursday, 11/15. It was $80./per person. You do a smaller practice zip line and then do the big one. Everyone of us in our party, and others who did it, loved it. Did wish we could go back up and do it again. But even at $80., for one time down the line, it was worth it to everyone.

BTW, We saw max weight of 275 at the area where we signed releases and received our harnesses. DH weights about 235 and was no problem. His weight was never questioned by anyone.

Had a wonderful cruise!!!

Was there in August...definitely worth the $65.....The weight limit that day was 220 and they brought out the scale to weigh me to make sure I was under the limit.

They've dropped the weight limit since I did the zip line in May. It was 250 lbs then, & they didn't weigh you.

Here's a view from the top as I'm ready to take off.

8650wsi.jpg

Archived