Parking at the Port of Galveston

Spike&Jane

The wife and I will be driving to Galveston for a March 5 cruise on the Grand Princess. I was wondering if anyone has used the the official Port of Galveston parking facilities. The information on it says that the lots are secure and patrolled by police officers. Does anyone have any first hand experience with this subject. Thanks Spike

Use EZcruiseparking.com as they are a lot cheaper and have the same level of security as the "oficial" parking. They appear to be a family run business and beat the port prices by about 50%. They have been having a $35 per week special this summer. You might check with them and see if they have any idea on the rates for next year.:)

Hello,

I was able to reserve a parking space at the EZ Cruise lot in Galveston for our November 8-13 cruise on the Grand Princess. The lot is apparently about one block away from the ship terminal and they will transport you and your luggage to the terminal and back after the cruise whereas if you park at the "official" parking lot, you have to drop your luggage off at the ship terminal before you park. There is a website - http://www.ezcruiseparking.com, I believe, from which I got the telephone number and spoke to the manager before I booked and prepaid the parking reservation online. Check it out.

Have a safe drive from Illinois to Texas next March.

We used the Port of Galveston Parking when we caught the Rhapsody in December. It was very convenient. At the time they had $10 discount coupons that you could print out on their website. I don't know if they are still doing that.

My husband dropped us off with the luggage. The porters took the luggage and I went inside the building. I went through security and waited for him. He was directed where to park the car and returned to the building on a bus. He was back within 15 minutes.

When we disembarked, we claimed our luggage. He caught the bus to the parking lot and I waited with the luggage. He was back again withing 15 minutes and we were on our way home.

It was really very easy.

Fran

We made our reservation at EZ Parking in Galveston for our January 8, 2005 cruise on the Grand Princess. I spoke directly with Cindy and she told me the price was going up and if I booked before September it would be $35. There is an additional $10 charge if you would like your covered with an individual vehical cover. She didn't tell me what the new rates would be. On our last several cruises we used Dolphin parking which doesn't require a reservation but runs about $65 + extra for covered parking.

Archived