day room

straycat

I am new to cruise critic and this is our first cruise. We will be on the Tahitian Princess 11-10-07 for our honeymoon! Thanks to everyone for all the great advice and beautiful pictures I've seen on here so far.

Could anyone explain how the 'day room' option works? Our flight gets in to Papeete at 6:30am and we can't board the ship until 1:00pm. It seems the day room is not a room to sleep in, but rather a place to store luggage and shower, correct? Can these be reserved in advance? Is it safe to leave all your luggage...are they lockers? TIA!

on your upcoming nuptuals!:)

Day rooms are usually booked through the local hotels. We are using a day room on the last day of the cruise as we will probably get of the ship in the morning and our flight isn't until midnight.

You should also check the princess board in case you have princess transfers. They may take your luggage for you from the airport to the ship. I don't know about this since we are not using princess transfers.

I have also read on the boards that you can go to the ship as early as 11am and if they are not already able to board they are able to drop their bags off.

Sorry I wasn't more help but you are on the right track in reading the boards because these people are helpful and informative.

Good Luck and Happy Sailing

I am new to cruise critic and this is our first cruise. We will be on the Tahitian Princess 11-10-07 for our honeymoon! Thanks to everyone for all the great advice and beautiful pictures I've seen on here so far.

Could anyone explain how the 'day room' option works? Our flight gets in to Papeete at 6:30am and we can't board the ship until 1:00pm. It seems the day room is not a room to sleep in, but rather a place to store luggage and shower, correct? Can these be reserved in advance? Is it safe to leave all your luggage...are they lockers? TIA!

I had a standard room, which included an ocean view. It's a 'real' hotel room, but you just use it for the day or what ever time you have prearranged.

Hi Straycat

I also am flying in to tahiti on a 6:30 AM arrival (not the same date of your cruise). We are opting to just hang out by the pier and le marche until princess boards us at 11 AM. We were there in May and there was no problem with early boarding. Le Marche opens really early (I think like 5 AM) and was not very crowded when we were there.

Also, Air tahiti was delayed on both of our flights and it took a little while to get our luggage, go thru customs, get some money out of the ATM machine, etc. So even if your flight is "on time" and lands at 6:30 AM, chances are you wont get to the pier until 7:30 AM. If you go find somewhere for breakfast and go to Le Marche, it'll be 11 AM before you know it.

We stayed at the Sheraton the first time we went, and I regretted paying the money for the room because we got in around 2 AM and left the hotel at 8 AM for a full day tour anyway. We flew from NY and slept on the plane and we were fine.

Enjoy your honeymoon! You will love FP and hopefully you'll love cruising (although the TP is a very small ship, it's lovely).

Cathy

lovesyorkies

Archived