Vancouver Dining - Japanese/Sushi place near Pan Pacific Hotel?

JohnRy210

Hello,

I will be staying at the Pan Pacific Hotel and was wondering if there are any good Japanese restaurants nearby? I know there are tons of good Sushi places throughout Vancouver, but I've only been to a few on Davie Street and was hoping there would be a recommended place near Canada Place.

Thank you!

Hi Weathermom!

We'd prefer an order off the menu type (standard bento boxes, udon, and a couple orders of great sushi). I loved the small (and cheap) places on Davie Street, they were always crowded with locals...always a great sign. So something similar for a great dinner would be ideal. Thanks!

Hi JohnRy.

if you like the not so fancy/bento boxes & great inexpensive sushi...

our fave is fumiyoshi sushi at 451 Howe... quite close to canada place

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=451+Howe+St+vancouver+bc&sll=49.287147,-123.116952&sspn=0.009517,0.014827&ie=UTF8&ll=49.285625,-123.115261&spn=0.009518,0.014827&z=16&iwloc=addr&*****=1

lunch is very busy with locals.. dinner not quite as busy as it's not fancy & is downtown rather than near residences, but the quality is great

basically any sushi downtown will be good...if it's not, the business won't have survived.

I'm currently in Vancouver, just arrived this afternoon. Eating a wonderful Bento Box that I bought to take back to my hotel room. A whole $9 plus tax with a can of coke. Wonderful! Yum! Maybe it's time to move from Montreal for all the wonderful and affordable Asian cuisine. YUMMY!

Ephraim!

Glad to hear you are enjoying the sushi of Vancouver! I'm on my way there tomorrow from San Francisco. Do you happen to remember the name of the place where you got your sushi?

In October I'll be in your neck of the woods at the Hilton Bonaventure, which I asked you about. You'll have to give me some dining recommendations once I return from BC! =)

Ephraim!

Glad to hear you are enjoying the sushi of Vancouver! I'm on my way there tomorrow from San Francisco. Do you happen to remember the name of the place where you got your sushi?

In October I'll be in your neck of the woods at the Hilton Bonaventure, which I asked you about. You'll have to give me some dining recommendations once I return from BC! =)

Sorry, I don't remember the name. There were just so many to choose from. The Japanese restaurants are so plentiful around here!

Not a problem about Montreal. If I'm not around you can email me at my name (as displayed above) at traveladvice.ca and it will forward to me. Though, I have a tendency to not reply if I'm on a cruise because frankly, who can afford 50c a minute tin can dialup.

Archived