Mariner Internet Cafe

kruisin' kim

Any time I went to the internet cafe it wasn't crowded. It's on deck 8. I only checked out my email a few times so I opted to pay by the minute. It's $.50 per minute if you do it that way. I believe you can buy minutes as a package. When you do it that way the cost per minute is cheaper.

They do provide hair dryers. It is in the vanity drawer. Irons are not available on the ship as RCI considers them a fire harzard.

internet cafe and wi-fi prices are the same,

50 cents/min flat rate

$25 for 60 minutes

$35 for 90 minutes

$50 for 150 minutes

Once you buy a package, it's yours, no refunds on unused minutes. It's easy to burn 10 minutes on the ship's computers just trying to get to your email site, then you have to pay to read and write replies on the computers. Get where this is going? If you really want email access and capability to do anything else, email pics, or attachments, take your own laptop. You have no access to any port or drive on the ship's computer, so you can't attach anything easily to your email.

There is a service available on Radiance and Voyager class ships, cyber cabin, it's a flat rate dial up service that requires a kit available first come, first served at the purser's desk. It requires that you have a modem in your computer since it's a dial up service, very slow, but it's always on once you dial in.

For more info, http://www.rccl.com, then go to Customer Service>>FAQ>>Life Onboard>>Is internet available from the ship?

The connection is usually VERY SLOW, so just to check one email and do one reply on the average cost us $4.50 each time. We found that after midnight when very few people were on the computers were a little faster. Just expect the very slow connection each time and you will not be frustrated.

Archived