Randi's Sold Out!! Now What To Do?

pkdof

Had hoped to ride with Randi during our Thanksgiving cruise on Diamond, but apparently she is booked solid. What else do you recommend, we have twin 9 year olds and my 83 year old parents with us. Is Las Caletas going to keep us all happy?:confused:

That IS a bummer. Randi is definitely the best around and I can't wait to ride with her again!!

I think Las Caletas is in PV and it won't help you in Mazatlan. Perhaps you would like to visit the Golden Zone and make it a beach day....? Do a search for Mazatlan here on the boards and I am sure you will find some great suggestions.

Had hoped to ride with Randi during our Thanksgiving cruise on Diamond, but apparently she is booked solid. What else do you recommend, we have twin 9 year olds and my 83 year old parents with us. Is Las Caletas going to keep us all happy?:confused:

Sorry, I think my group and another Cruise Critic poster took all of Randi's horses. Maybe you could go with Miguel's horses instead. http://mazinfo.com/mikeshorses/ From reports on this board, it sounds like they follow a similar route and people have enjoyed them as well. I would e-mail Randi for a recommendation.

You could also enjoy a day at Stone Island without the horses. I am sure my kids would love to share a bannana boat ride with yours.

Good Luck with your plans!

I would try Stone Island using King David. My group booked with them for one of the best tours we have ever done and at around $35 per person it was well worth the price. No problems getting back to the ship on time with them. They have 4 activities to choose from once you get to S I, horseback ride is one of them just not as long as Randi's. Banana boat, boogie boards or a donkey cart ride through the village where the other choices. You get to pick 2 each and the price also includes a great lunch and drinks, beer rum punch, rum/coke , sodas, water.

My family and I travel often to Mazatlan and for many years now have been extremely happy with all of King Davids tours.Miguels horses are very good with children and of course the rest of us kids of assorted ages.I recommend the tour highly,check their web page for all info http//www mazatlangolfking.com.mx mikehorses.htm

How far in advance should I book with Randi? I will be going to Mazatlan in Feb. 2005. Is it too early to book now?

We booked in the middle of April for our Thanksgiving week ride, so I would say it isn't too early for you to book. It is as easy as sending Randi an e-mail.

randi@mazinfo.com

• 1 month later...

We are going with Puesta de Sol. The prices seemed great and they were very professional and helpful online. Another plus, you can pay for your excursion in advance. Prices include pickup at the cruise ship dock, 1 hour boat tour, roundtrip to Stone Island, choice of lunch, 2 activities (horseback riding, snorkeling, kayaking, banana boat, horse cart tour) if you choose and open bar. Here is their website:

http://www.mazatlan.com.mx/stoneisladtour/homepage.htm

We will be in Mazatlan November 10th with our 5 and 13 year old daughters.

Tracy

TrayceeJ,

We are going on the Diamond Nov 13 and have booked and paid for the Puesta de Sol Stone island trip. Please give us your review after your trip. Are you taking the FREE trip for cruisers around town that their advertsing? Supposed to show you the sites prior to the Stone Island excursion.

• 4 weeks later...

Having gone with other excrisions and then with Randi, you get soo much more personal service, and I guess the horses are just a bout the same but you just can't have a problem with the helpers that Randi has, plus the personal sevice. We went with a pretty big group, buy would never have notced that that were there that many riders out e ther with all the guides that go with you. Most of whom are bi-lingueal and the others more than willing to help, especailly if you were a nervious rider, that whold have been my aunt. The Lovely Maria staid with her the whole ride, Smiles, broken English and all. Gave my aunt to use some of her broken spansh and to me that they had a great time.

All the consideration and care they took for my family I, too could not recommend randi'shappyhorses.com more than any other excruison that I have taken, not only on this criuse but on many otheres.

Why in general are there not more specific and one on one excurisons included in the ship sponered excursoisns.

It WAS the time of our lives and it MADE our intire trip.

Sharon Gilbert

What is included in Randi's package? Are all your drinks and meals covered or do you pay for that. Her website says you travel along 15 miles of beach. I can't imagine being on a horse (riding challenged as I am) for 15 miles. Is this really the case. She sounds great and Victor's wonderful. Can you swim there also? Thanks.

Gary

We rode with Randi in July. Our ride was probably between 1.5 and 2 hours long. Her cost includes all your transportation to and from the ship (land and water taxis), your horse ride, and a drink at Victors. You pay for anything else you want to eat at Victors. Victors is on the beach and you can swim there.

We just got back today from the Mexican Riviera cruise on the Diamond Princess. We did the Las Caletas and it was GREAT!! We had a great crew, good snorkeling, great group kayaking, lovely beach, hammocks, pottery class, cooking lesson and the food was delicious. After snorkeling, the bar opens up to beer, mixed drinks, sodas and bottled water. It was well organized and fun! The excursion was on Vallarta Adventures, but I booked with vallartaonline.com with German a local travel agent in PV. We were on the same boat as the cruise passengers for a LOT less money. The only difference was that we had to walk over to the Vallarta Adventures booth at the pier and pick up our boarding tickets, which they had at "will call" reserved in our name. I just had to give them my printed reservation receipt number e-mailed to me by German. If you book with German, please tell him Tracy said hello.

Now when it comes to Mazatlan. If you are going to do a Stone Island excursion DO NOT book with Puesta de Sol. The boat was old, dirty and staffed by questionable people. The activities were lacking in organization and proper equipment. The horses used for horseback riding were starved and dehydrated. We opted not to torture the poor horses. We went on the banana boat after a 90 minute wait and the kayaking never took place. I would stick with Randi's Happy Horses or King David. They know what they are doing and do it well.

Please e-mail if you have you have any other questions.

Tracy

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience on Stone Island. As I mentioned before we go to Mexico and Mazatlan alot. I sure hope it didn't spoil the Island for you.

Chin up for a better excursion next time.

Welcome home Almost Turkey Day Yum

Sharon

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience on Stone Island. As I mentioned before we go to Mexico and Mazatlan alot. I sure hope it didn't spoil the Island for you.

Chin up for a better excursion next time.

Welcome home Almost Turkey Day Yum

Sharon

We love going to Mexico. So Puesta de Sol can't ruin it for us in one day ;-) Our favorite place is Akumal. We stay in a condo on Half Moon Bay and take side trips to Chichen Itza, Tulum, Coba and Playa Del Carmen. Wish I were back in Mexico already ;-)

Happy Thanksgiving to you also.

Archived