Visa Points Romance Package

astrogirl19

Has anyone gotten the Grand Romance Package available for 15,000 rewards points? I'm debating between that and the onboard credit. I looked at the Grand Romance Package available through Gifts and Gear and it's $275, but the description is slightly different than the one under the points site.

Was it worth it? How are the robes and flowers? With all the food you get on board, are the canapes and petit fours even needed?

Thanks!

Less than one week to the Mariner.... :) :) :)

We had the Romance Package on our last cruise (a gift). I personally would take the onboard credit. The parts I liked: The robes are nice and you do get to take them home. We picked an 8 x 10 formal photo which they put into a portfolio with a photograph of the ship. Bottle of champagne on ice. Nice. The other parts of the package were not really necessary. From what I remember they were room service breakfast with mimosas or bloody mary, Fresh flowers, and formal night dessert and appetizer trays. Have a great cruise.

I got the grand romance package for hubby and me on our 25th it was a nice extra but it made us order flowers for our room ever since. We liked the flowers in the room! I am a wine/champagne drinker so that was a nice touch. Flowers, robe and champagne were nice and I would do it again oh I am doing it again for our 30th!:D Have a wonderful cruise!

Thanks for the advice! We ended up using a 5000 point certificate for the Mumm Cordon Rouge and strawberries (which we confirmed are chocolate covered) package. Even though we hadn't planned on purchasing this package beforehand, we couldn't pass up the deal since they normally charge $72 for this through the gifts and gear catalog!

The other 10000 points went to OBC. Yay! :) This RCCL visa is already paying for itself.

Thanks for the advice! We ended up using a 5000 point certificate for the Mumm Cordon Rouge and strawberries (which we confirmed are chocolate covered) package. Even though we hadn't planned on purchasing this package beforehand, we couldn't pass up the deal since they normally charge $72 for this through the gifts and gear catalog!

The other 10000 points went to OBC. Yay! :) This RCCL visa is already paying for itself.

How much OBC did you get?

Archived