Excursions in Cozumel

loveshack

Hi All -

I have a friend who is thinking about cruising for the first time. She is a single mom and on a budget, but she really wants to do this for her kids (ages 11 and 13). I told her you don't HAVE to go through carnival to book the excursions, but she is really nervous about missing the ship. I have searched the forum, but cannot seem to find the independent companies that would offer some great excursions fairly inexpensively. I know I've seen the info before, but never wrote it down and now, of course, I can't find it.... - any help would be appreciated!!!!!

Cozumel is a great "low budget" port. Grab a cab at the pier and head to Chankanaab or Paradise Beach, to name a couple. I wouldn't bother looking for an independent company, there are too many options you can do on your own.

Check out the Coz port board for what your options are.

Cozumel is a great "low budget" port. Grab a cab at the pier and head to Chankanaab or Paradise Beach, to name a couple. I wouldn't bother looking for an independent company, there are too many options you can do on your own.

Check out the Coz port board for what your options are.

I agree. Tell her to hop in a cab and go to Paradise Beach (it's free.) If she wants she can buy her kids a $9 wristband to use all the fun water toys. The cab will cost $15 USD each way, and tell her not to let them try to swindle her into paying more on the way back. they'll try to charge you $30 to come back, but don't budge on that.

For the cab and two wrist bands that would only come to $48.

Paradise Beach is awesome. We went last October, paid the $9.00 for the wrist band (yes the workers do monitor who is and who is not wearing one). You get full access to the beach, lawn chairs, umbrellas, snorkel gear, water trampoline, climb/slide inflatable water thingy. You will have waitstaff all around to bring you drinks and food (this is an additional cost). There is also a super clean shower area to rinse off and change in. Overall its a nice inexpensive place to enjoy Cozumel. On the ride back to port we had the cabbie take us to the official downtown shops (not the ones that are near the port). We picked up some great beverages there.

cozumelinsider.com is a great site that has alot of info on Cozumel.

They also offer excursions cheaper than Carnival.

Was just in Cozumel on Thursday and rented scooters all day. Carnival highly suggests NOT to rent these.. but we like to live on the edge :D

It was a total blast!

Thank you so much - I will tell her. I keep telling her that it won't be that expensive in the ports and that is what she is so worried about.

Only 83 days till mine!!!:) :) :D

Not 83, you are down to the big 82:D Hey it is the little things;)

Archived