11/10/07 Enchantment of the Seas Solo/Single/30s

rochestercruiser

I had originally booked The "Enchantment" but I two am single and IMHO Carnival attracts a MUCH larger singles crowd then Royal (excluding 55's and over of course:) )and after a little more thought decided to change to Carnival "Inspiration" which is in dry dock in South Carolina as we speak receiving all the "Evolutions of Fun" upgrades. That includes: An adults only;) section of the ship, The whole lido deck is being redone that includes: a new pool,two 85ft long straight waterslides,a new twister waterslide as well as a COMPLETE ship refurbishment including all new cabin decor such as Flat screen tv's etc. I am going February 21st-25th (Thurs-Mon) from Tampa to Cozumel then back to Tampa for a nice long weekend away. I am going with two other friends,were all solo's and getting our own rooms(high hopes I guess;) ) Actually I booked a "Penthouse" (Now that I am in my mid 30's I need little more room with a Private Balcony to streach out:D ) and another friend booked a regular balcony suite while the third has the oceanview. So yes while there are "Solos" going... Sadly they are going in COLD February(Here in Chicago) on Carnival. I hope you enjoy your "Enchantment" cruise. She does look to be a very nice ship. I hope you booked a room right in the middle of the ship. If so you should get a "newer" room as that is were the addition took place. Who know's?? By February you may need a long weekend away again?? At least think about it and have a great trip. Kurt..

Hi Stacy,

I am also a solo traveler who just returned from the Enchantment sailing on 9/10/07 and I would like to give you a heads up. I have traveled many times solo on RCCL and always requested a large table. Thinking nothing different I was surprised to discovered that I was placed a table for four and the next surprise was that RCCL head Office only put one couple at the table--lucky they were not honeymooners. Traveling solo is fine but why not advertise to the whole dining room that you are traveling by yourself. The couple was very nice and made such a fuss that I personally didn't feel that I could request a table change--it was my decision. I did talk to the conceirge in the diamond/suite lounge about my issue of poor placement of a traveling solo. He sent off a note to the maitre d' to speak to me about the situation on the second day of the cruise--the concerige sent two more e-mails until the hour before the last dinner for him to speak with me. The excuse was RCCL home office makes table placements--the maitre d' finally had a conversation in the middle of the dining room in front of my table companions. Not a comfortable situation but they agreed that RCCL did put me in an uncomfortable situation especially if they elected to have dinner at Chops or in their room. One night the couple was late and I almost got up to leave the dining room instead of dining alone. Word to the wise--call RCCL now and make certain that your reservation has the table size that you would like to have--check out your table when you board--if not satisfied, change with the maitre d' before dinner.

I like traveling solo and find that people are very friendly and you can pick and choose your level on engagement. If you have any questions, please ask.

kek17

Cincinnati

Archived