Scuba on Coco Cay w/ RCI

LeopardGirl2

Maxjade:

RCI owns or leases the island of CocoCay, which means only RCI stuff on the island. They have a little "dive shack" there with gear, a divemaster and his helpers. So you can only dive through them.

It's a shore dive with a pretty good surface swim out to where you drop down. We lost 2 of the 7 in our group after the swim because one woman was too tired and she and her husband went back (via the jetski/raft that trails you)

Signing up pre-cruise they only offered an early dive (first tender over), but once we got there, they were filling up an afternoon dive as well. The had some spots left for the afternoon dive, so they offered to let us do it again for $20, I think. (DH did, I laid on the beach:cool: )

The dive is pretty tame, about 30 feet max. We saw a few things, but I didn't think it was that great. If I had to do it again, I would just snorkel -- I saw lots of colorful fish during the shallow surface swim out.

PHXscuba

"You can't have everything -- besides, where would you put it all?":D

As we live within 45 minutes of the Port, we have cruized on SOS twice and I would also snorkle at this location instead. If you have time before or after the cruise contact www.jndscuba.com for a dive in the West Palm Beach area. I was just down there two weeks ago and they were great 50-60 foot dives.

Carl:D

Archived