Wine package on Carnival??

izzyvet

I have been on one Carnival cruise, many with RCL. I can't remember if Carnival offers a wine package similar to RCL's or not. Can't find anything about it in my cruise docs or the brochure. And if they do, does anyone know which wines are on it? I am spending 5 days in New Orleans prior to the cruise and may just take some bottles on board, but if they have a decent package, I might not bother.

Thanks.

The one you bring with you must drink in the dinning room with a $10 corking fee right?

From the brochure, "A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room." I take this as you are not required to drink it in the dining room, of course this is where we would drink our wine, other than a bottle of champagne we might bring for sail away celebration.

No wine package on Carnival. I miss this from RCCL and would definitely do it if Carnival offered it.

The do allow you to bring one bottle of wine per adult, however, so that kind of makes up for it.

From what I read in the brochure there is no limit to how much wine or champagne can be brought on board, however "excessive quantities, to be determined at the discretions of security and/or embarkations personnel, will be confiscated and retained by Carnival until the cruise is completed". Wonder what is considered excessive, but I am considering 3 or 4 bottles for a 5 night cruise. Hopefully this isn't "excessive".

From what I read in the brochure there is no limit to how much wine or champagne can be brought on board, however "excessive quantities, to be determined at the discretions of security and/or embarkations personnel, will be confiscated and retained by Carnival until the cruise is completed". Wonder what is considered excessive, but I am considering 3 or 4 bottles for a 5 night cruise. Hopefully this isn't "excessive".

There is a limit, but sometimes its not enforced.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages.

You can bring a glass of wine into the dining room if you'd like. My husband and I usually bring a couple of bottles on board and then pour a glass in our cabin just before going to dinner. We carry it into the dining room and have never had any problems or comments from the wait staff.

We do this now, after our Glory cruise when we were charged $50 for corkage fees. We were traveling with our extended family and some nights brought 2 bottles to the dining room with us. I know that lots of people don't get charged the corkage fee, but we did, so this is our way of getting around it.

As for getting the wine in Miami, you could always take a taxi from the airport and ask the driver to swing by a liquor store.

No carnival does not sell a wine package. I bring my own wine aboard although now with the 2 bottle limit, I'm gonna have to get my mom and my sister to bring a bottle each as well.

I have never been charged the corkage fee in the dining room, I always tip our waiter a little extra for his services. Even if I was charged the $10 fee I would still save money and drink better wine by bringing my own.

No carnival does not sell a wine package. I bring my own wine aboard although now with the 2 bottle limit, I'm gonna have to get my mom and my sister to bring a bottle each as well.

I have never been charged the corkage fee in the dining room, I always tip our waiter a little extra for his services. Even if I was charged the $10 fee I would still save money and drink better wine by bringing my own.

Anyone happen to know if there is a liquor store near port in Miami? I am taking the transport provided from Carnival and with a bus of people they won't be making stops at the beer store for me. I would liketo bring a few bottles on with me still though. If there isn't one I guess these will just have to be put into the checked luggage for the flight and hope that nothing happens to them (damn no liquids or gels rule messing up being able to carry the wine on board.

:( I did not realize there was a limit now. My brochure is from 2005. Oh well. I really don't mind paying for wine on board and I guess it will be an oppurtunity to try some new wines, hopefully good ones!! I'll bring my 2 bottles of Benziger, and make good with that. Glad I found out about the new policy, thanks guys!!!

although it might not be a fine wine, i brought the 5 liter box with me on the miracle in august...no questions asked. i had a pretty nice size carr on with me and rolled it right into the boat. had the room guy give me lots of ice everyday and i was set. i brought a collapsable cooler with me, he filled it with ice and the best part, there is no cork, just a pour spout. good luck and have a great cruise.

lesley

I had 3 bottles in my carry on for 3 adults, and they did not ask to see the "other adults" in my party. Be prepared to have the excess confiscated, though.

Another option is to place your carefully zip-locked and bubble wrapped bottles in checked bags. I would not want to be the one whose red wine bottle broke and ruined the other passenger's clothes and luggage. Can you say keel-haul?:eek:

Hello everyone.....a few tips

You could call the Bon Voyage department and have them deliver wine, liquor, or beer right to your room...no worries about carry on.

There is another company called "Just because of you" that will also deliver to your room before you sail....many people here have used them. Unfortunately they do not deliver out of some ports. There are always threads going on about this. Right now I think the Thread is called Logistics about alcohol. I have also heard many people bringing a "case" of wine on board with no problems.

Hope this helps a little

Correction - Carnival does offer wine, liquor and other things thru the Bon Voyage Department. The list is quit long but they will fax it to you. There is a discount if you order 6 bottles; then it is a 10% discount off each bottle. I have done this for every cruise. I have them deliver three to the dining room and three for the cabin. Very easy and convenient.

Happy sailing

Archived