Anyone know about Madrid to Barcelona flight

SalPal47

HELP! I leave in 3 weeks! Just found out that our flight from Boston in US arrives in Madrid with a 1 hr and 20 min stop for "equipment change" then on to Barcelona (final destination). "Equipment change" means we will change planes in Madrid and I was told by my travel agent that we would not have a problem making the Barcelona flight and would not have to go through Customs in Madrid. Can anyone enlighten me about this?

I just answered you in the other board. What flights are you taking from Boston- MADd and then MAD to BCN? Are they in the same airline? If so, they will transfer the lugagge and you will not have to do customs. Just make sure they ticket the luggage through all the way to BCN.

If you are taking different airlines, that's a different story.

Found this on a blog called spanish-airport-guide.com and it had this answer to a very comparable question about Madrid airport and it confirms your TA's answer. I suspect the key issue will be whether you have to change terminals or not.

Hi Mark,

Depending on your flight connections, you should be be able to check your bags right through from Miami and not have to see them again until you get to Barcelona where you will clear customs.

Linda

• 2 weeks later...

Your bags will go straight thru, If you fly into Spain from a non EU country then you will clear customs at your final destination. When you land in Barcelona you will find your luggage on a different 'belt' number than the passengers that have flown internally ie from Madrid.

regards JimGib

Archived