Star vs. Crown(? for Crusdiva)

mexico5

Hi, we have a cruise booked on Princess Crown and we have only been on Princess Star and we just LOVED it.

Crusdiva I noticed from your pics that you have been on both. Any major differences or if we liked the Star will we like Crown just as much?

I realize one is bigger, one has MUTS, etc. things like that, but for an overall feel, are they pretty comparable?

We will once again be leaving from Ft. Lauderdale, if that makes a difference, after reading all the negatives on leaving from New York, although that was probably just the time of year....

We thought the Star was very quiet, with alot of older passengers, always a nice spot to have a drink, not alot of crowds, etc...We even have the same cabin number, a mini suite on Emerald Deck, so hopefully they are pretty much the same too?

Thanks so much and I just loved those pics Sharon!

Hi, we have a cruise booked on Princess Crown and we have only been on Princess Star and we just LOVED it.

Crusdiva I noticed from your pics that you have been on both. Any major differences or if we liked the Star will we like Crown just as much?

I realize one is bigger, one has MUTS, etc. things like that, but for an overall feel, are they pretty comparable?

We will once again be leaving from Ft. Lauderdale, if that makes a difference, after reading all the negatives on leaving from New York, although that was probably just the time of year....

We thought the Star was very quiet, with alot of older passengers, always a nice spot to have a drink, not alot of crowds, etc...We even have the same cabin number, a mini suite on Emerald Deck, so hopefully they are pretty much the same too?

Thanks so much and I just loved those pics Sharon!

Hi and thank you very much for you kind words - I'm blushing. ;)

I agree we LOVE the Star, but I remember a few years ago when I said that the Grand Class was too big and I preferred the Dawn - go figure. Well, I do still love the Dawn.

I didn't find any major differences between the Star and Crown as far as ambience in concerned. On the whole we always find that Princess ships regardless of size absorb people very well and that we can always find places away from the crowds.

But yes, there are differences, the Wheelhouse is all spread out with only half the room able to see the stage. We found that Adagio is a perfect spot for quiet cocktails and conversation and Vines is a lovely spot in the Piazza. Having Sabatini on the stern is a nice touch and the Crown Grill is fabulous but I don't miss any of these on the Star. For us it was a nice new ship with a new itinerary and if she goes somewhere we want to sail we'll sail her again. But I won't seek her out the way I do the Star.

I'm not a big fan of MUTS so I don't miss it on the Star.

The Sanctuary is a great addition and we very much enjoyed our time there but I think it's necessary on the Crown because of the crowds.

The Terrace pool area is much smaller on the Crown and I like the way they moved Skywalkers more forward which means that area gets more sun. But, but...I miss long the moving walkway on the Star.

I think you'll find your mini on Emerald will be similar to the Star.

I think for the most part the length of itinerary and time of year dictate the demographics onboard but we find that even when there are large numbers of younger cruisers and families, we're never in the same places so we can always find quiet areas to hang out.

We do prefer the Star and will be sailing her again in November but that's not just because of her size but because she has so many varied itineraries.

Thanks again let me know if I can be of further help.

You will have a great time on the Crown - she has a terrific crew.

Safe travels.

Thanks SO much for that detailed description, that's what I was hoping for!

We will for sure be checking out the Sanctuary, I don't care HOW much it costs:p

I think we really got lucky with our first cruise, we loved everything about it, surprised us ALOT! We picked a great ship and Western Itinerary was good, but now we are trying the Eastern Caribbean on the Crown.

I think we will like this cruise even more because we won't have that "newbie" look on our faces all the time and miss everything around us!:D

MUTS does not interest us, so like you, I would not miss that on the Star.

Thanks again!

Archived