A few Miami questions

Table 6 UK

HI Guys

I wonder if you could help us with a few questions?

We (my girlfriend and I) are flying into Miami from the U.K. Oct 12, and we need to find a good hotel in Miami Beach, in, or close to, the Art deco / Lincoln road area for two nights.

Ocean Drive would probably be to noisy due to clubs and clubbers late at night, but if you could suggest a place for us that would be great.

Also, do you know of any good seafood restaurants in the same general area?

When we return to Miami, we will get off the ship – I’m guessing – about 11am? So we will have about six hours before we have to head off to the airport. As we really don’t want to have to tote our luggage around with us – is there anywhere to leave it someplace and pick it up later?

Many thanks for your help.

KEV & ALI

I wonder if you could help us with a few questions?

We (my girlfriend and I) are flying into Miami from the U.K. Oct 12, and we need to find a good hotel in Miami Beach, in, or close to, the Art deco / Lincoln road area for two nights.

Ocean Drive would probably be to noisy due to clubs and clubbers late at night, but if you could suggest a place for us that would be great.

The Art Deco area is located mostly on Ocean Drive. If you want tos tay away from that area but still close I would suggest the Ritz Carlton or the Loews. Both are located at the end of Ocean Drive. Ocean Drive is mostly comprised of bars, restaurants and hotels, so its not really noisy per se, but congested. The clubs are located on various areas of the beach, mostly on Washington Ave.

Also, do you know of any good seafood restaurants in the same general area?

Joe's Stone Crab is the best restaurant as far as Stone Crabs and seafood. You can also go to Prime 112, but this place specializes in meat.

When we return to Miami, we will get off the ship – I’m guessing – about 11am? So we will have about six hours before we have to head off to the airport. As we really don’t want to have to tote our luggage around with us – is there anywhere to leave it someplace and pick it up later? Either rent a car for the day or take one of the tours offered by the ship which will store your luggage on the motor coach while you tour around.

Here are a few south beach hotels with good reviews or I have seen.

You did not specify an amount you want to pay or if you will have transportation, so I'll go from there.

South beach:

Crescent Resort South Beach

The Clairidge Hotel

Atlantica

The Colony

Cardoza (Gloria Estefan's hotel)

Few miles away:

Rodeway Inn Ocean Way Hotel

Solara Surfside amazing condo reasonable prices. beautiful on beach

Hope this helps. So many of the south beach hotels are loud and small and overpriced.

Have fun

Archived