Any thoughts on cabin 5112 on the legend?

rookie1920

I got my room assignment for the trip on the legend. I booked a balcony guarantee and got that room which is a 8c i believe with an extended balcony.

Here is the deck plan:

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=LE

I had a few questions.

Firstly, how much bigger is an extended balcony?

Is it really better or just something they tell you to make you feel like you got a deal?

As you can see, i am on the front right side of the ship. Is that bad location? What about noise, etc? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks.

I got my room assignment for the trip on the legend. I booked a balcony guarantee and got that room which is a 8c i believe with an extended balcony.

Here is the deck plan:

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=LE

I had a few questions.

Firstly, how much bigger is an extended balcony?

Is it really better or just something they tell you to make you feel like you got a deal?

As you can see, i am on the front right side of the ship. Is that bad location? What about noise, etc? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks.

you 'll have to let me know....I have 5108 thru 5112 booked for my October Miracle. I debated about switching for a year but my family decided to go with them....there is the chance for more wind, motion, and noise, but for us the pros outweighed the cons.

in general on the spirit class, the side regular balconies are 9 ft wide by 4 ft deep (bulkhead to rail) and the extended are 9 ft wide by 6 ft deep.

The cabin you were given is different because the glass is also sloped at an angle.

I found these when I originally booked.... http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2166966540059461464eFtPUZ

please remeber me to give a brief review upon your return LOL....... I booked my parents into 5112.......they can't complain too much....I paid LOL!!

We had that cabin last year. The room was great. The balcony is larger but not by much. This is also the hallway used to get to camp carnival so all the kids on the ship will be passing by. It didn't bother us at all but at times got a little noisy. I think you'll be happy with the cabin.

How funny is that?? We were in room 5118 on the Legend in January/February, 2007. Looks like the same category. Our room was great, our steward was awesome and the balcony was very nice. I don't think it's a whole lot bigger than the regular balconies, plus we had family as neighbors so we asked the room steward to open up our two balconies. The partitian will open up with the hinge on the outside of the ship, so it kind of blocks a part of the view, but wasn't a problem at all. We shared one huge balcony. Camp Carnival... Hmmm, it was close and the kids got a little loud occasionally running up and down the hall. Nothing too bothersome, but we are SO DONE with kids (no offense if you have children). We only had to open our doors and give them the evil eye a couple of times... OH!! The view of the bridge was awesome!! The Captain and his staff posed for pictures for us all the time!!! We were also able to go above the bridge and take cool pictures of our relatives on the balcony from a totally different standpoint. The weather was great, so I can't say about more wind or motion, because we never knew we were moving unless we were on the balcony and could see it for ourselves. In November, 2005, we were on the 7th deck, mid ship and it got a little rough (13 foot seas), but not too bad. It was difficult telling if we were walking down the hallway crooked because of the high seas or the drinks with the umbrellas in them ;)

Have a wonderful trip!!!

We are off on the Triumph in 16 days!!

So far, the Legend is our absolute favorite ship.

Bon-voyage!!!

Archived