Tours of Stingray City for late arrivals?

Suzwed

Our ship itinerary says we will be in port from 10:00 - 6:00. Does this mean that by the time we tender and get off of our ship it will most likely be 11:00?

Also, I was looking for a stingray city and snorkeling or beach tour, but they all seem to leave early in the morning....does anyone have an idea?

One more thing, I found out there will be 5 ships total (mine included) in the port that day. That seems like a lot to me, but was wondering if that is normal, etc.

Thanks!;)

Hi

I think you can get a late morning stingray excursion privately. I have MobyDick booked, and if I remember correctly their web says something to that effect for late ship arrivals. You can email them, they answer promptly. One of the other names that I have seen mentioned on the boards is Capt. Marvin with good reviews, but I can't give you more info on that one.

Since it is such a popular excursion, are you sure your cruise line doesn't offer one, which would obviously be in the proper time frame for you.

Lots of luck, safe travels.

The Norwegian Pearl, which will be making regular stops at Grand Cayman this winter, doesn't even arrive until 10:00. Some of the tour companies , likje NativeWay which states its most popular tour--Rays, Reefs Rum Point-- begins at 9:30-- is so inflexible that it appears it will be losing much business to other tours who are willing to acommodate flexible hours. I've already made a reservation with another company when it became apparent that Native Way doesn't care.

We'll be arriving at 10a. We plan on taking the 1p (?) tour w/Soto's to Stingray City. I have read lots of good things about them. I've also read lots of posts saying that if you contact (phone or email) a tour company directly, they might work with the time that you're in port.

We're in port until 7p, so plan on going to 7mile beach after. Not for snorkeling, just hanging out. Soto's will supposably drop you off anywhere you'd like between Stingray City and the harbor after the tour.

Archived