Belize - snorkeling or cave tubing??

halliewd

I'm debating ....

We love to snorkel and some are saying snorkeling is awesome is Belize so granted you can snorkel anywhere but not alway the best conditions.

Cave tubing sounds interesting just because we have never done it....soundes a bit boring all alone. I would like to add zip line as well but hubby isn't feeling warm and fuzzy about that idea because of age and being a bigger guy

Would like to hear from others

If you're at all thermally challenged, I'd pick snorkeling.

I went cave tubing and I FROZE. Very little sun to warm you up and you're wet.

I know it's a different thing to do, but it was kind of boring.

I'd rather be in the sun and warm. JMO

I'm debating ....

We love to snorkel and some are saying snorkeling is awesome is Belize so granted you can snorkel anywhere but not alway the best conditions.

Cave tubing sounds interesting just because we have never done it....soundes a bit boring all alone. I would like to add zip line as well but hubby isn't feeling warm and fuzzy about that idea because of age and being a bigger guy

Would like to hear from others

Do it ... We did both when we where there ,1st zipline then cave tubing. Im 230 lbs ( no problem on the zipline ) we also had our kids . 7 & 9 . they thought it was great . Tell your hubby its low impact and the river is somthing you'll do once. i assume you snorkel often so give this a try , you wont regret it. And if you can arange it go by private car , its only a bit more $ and the day is yours. Good luck , have fun ...

mpk

I did cave tubing in Belize and was terribly disappointed. Yes, you freeze. But I also wasn't aware that I would be spending a large amount of time paddling down a stream in an inner-tube like flotation device. I was envisioning a "lazy river ride" type day. Instead, we used our arms and legs to propell ourselved along the stream and thru the caves. Much more activity than I thought this tube ride would entail.

I did cave tubing in Belize and was terribly disappointed. Yes, you freeze. But I also wasn't aware that I would be spending a large amount of time paddling down a stream in an inner-tube like flotation device. I was envisioning a "lazy river ride" type day. Instead, we used our arms and legs to propell ourselved along the stream and thru the caves. Much more activity than I thought this tube ride would entail.

Wow.... so sad to hear of your disappointment in cave-tubing. Did you not do a little research on what the actual tour is before booking ? I too thought like you in that it would be like just floating down a river. But after thorough research, I found out what the actual tour involved. But I still enjoyed our trip thru the rain forest and then the actual cave tubing... it was very informative and also allowed us to see the true beauty of Belize. Depending on the time of year that you go (we were there in July) will determine the water temp... it was a cool 70ish but sure felt good agfter a long hike thru the rain forest. We also learned that in order to retain heat, to wear a t shirt when tubing thru the caves.... our guide was knowledgeable and gave us all kinds of safety tips, historical information, etc... during our tour.

I'm leaning to Shark Ray just because I love anything to do with animals/wild life in there nature envirorment.

Living in WI I don't get a chance to swim with many Ray's/sharks ;) but can float down a river any day in the summer.......I'm sure there is a lot more to the cave tubing and if I only had 2 days in Belize

Archived