cabin choices ... near elevator?

BlondiSCal

Hi all! Did a search and couldn't find anything on this.

I haven't booked my cruise yet, am looking at the Star Jan 19 to Mexico. The only BA rooms left on deck 10 are next to the elevators. But there are some BB and DC rooms avail on Deck 9, further away from the elevators (same price). Which would you go for?

I always here that the higher up the better, but would being next to the elevators make the higher deck not worth it? Since all three categories are balcony rooms with identical descriptions, Im not even sure what the diffierence is (other than the deck number). Maybe someone can explain?

Cindy

I've been on two NCL ships on deck 10 in a BA cabin near elevators including the Star. I couldn't hear the elevators on the Star or the Sun. Being near the elevators is very convenient however I always pay attention to what is above or below me b/c music can travel through the ceiling and floor.

on the star, the elevators are in a area with the stairs...since the cabins don't open directly to this area, you shouldn't have any problems with noise. when you get out of the elevators, you have to go through a doorway to get to the hallway to go to your cabin.

We've only been near the elevators on one of our six cruises, and can not recall ever "hearing" a problem. On the other hand, it was very convenient, especially for those occasions where you need to make a quick trip back to the cabin for something. I would not worry about the elevator location.

(Note: I try to burn both ends of the candle, so when I hit the bed, I usually fall asleep pretty quickly, and normally sleep soundly.)

Archived