Advice for cruising w/ baby?

cruisincorey

Bring a small stroller, all the food/formula you will need. Ask for a pack and play and bring your own sheet.

That is all I can think of, but you might want to visit the family cruising section of the boards for real in depth advice. There you will get more first hand experience.

I know some of you have cruised with babies... we're looking for advice. We'll be sailing on the Mariner (our favorite!) with a 6 month old.

Other than picking up diapers in Florida (rather than packing them), what advice do you have?

Thanks!

Just looking at the dates on your siggie - is the little on on the way as we speak? :)

We're traveling with a 6 month old next week and I plan to post about that (probably in the family forum) when we get back so keep an eye out for any tips I may have picked up on the way. There are also some other posts on the family forum with great tips on traveling with infants and children.

Yes, the little one is on the way! Our travel agent was the first to know about it, even before family, as we had to add the 3rd person to our cabin. We're going with quite a group of our families (both mine and my wife's sides) and a couple of people's first response when we told them the news was "Oh my gosh what about the cruise!"

We figured the timing would work out ok. Any idea how long it takes to get a passport for the little one (due in March, sailing in October)? I've read that wait times for passports have returned back to semi-reasonable.

Thanks to everyone for the guidance! Safe travels!

~corey

Any idea how long it takes to get a passport for the little one (due in March, sailing in October)? I've read that wait times for passports have returned back to semi-reasonable.

~corey

Just apply now with a picture of the ultrasound:eek:

I know some of you have cruised with babies... we're looking for advice. We'll be sailing on the Mariner (our favorite!) with a 6 month old.

Other than picking up diapers in Florida (rather than packing them), what advice do you have?

Thanks!

You will find a ton of info and tips about cruising with a baby on the CC Family Cruising link here. Have fun!:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Yes, the little one is on the way! Our travel agent was the first to know about it, even before family, as we had to add the 3rd person to our cabin. We're going with quite a group of our families (both mine and my wife's sides) and a couple of people's first response when we told them the news was "Oh my gosh what about the cruise!"

We figured the timing would work out ok. Any idea how long it takes to get a passport for the little one (due in March, sailing in October)? I've read that wait times for passports have returned back to semi-reasonable.

~corey

Congratulations! Traveling with a little one this size is actually quite easy - the toughest part is making sure you have enough diapers with you (I breastfeed so that makes packing a lot easier!) Our little one isn't quite mobile yet but at the same time he can sit up and is very interested in people and making "friends" so he's great to travel with. :) We're not especially concerned about not having a babysitter; for us, not having to do laundry, cook, take out the garbage and having other adults to talk to is a vacation!

As for passports, I'm in Canada, so not sure I can help you out there. We waited until our son was old enough to sit up (July) before taking his photo, and then walked in the application (spent 2 hours in line:eek:)and paid the extra $10 to have it ready in 10 working days. :)Not sure if the US has the option or not but it's less of a risk than mailing it in and waiting and stressing over it, right?

Invest in a Bumbo seat. Very handy little seat that actually fits in alot of luggage and you can buy a little snack tray to put on it. Great for putting him in so that he can sit and watch things in tight spaces on the ship. Snack time with him in the seat and you sunning on deck! My LO also sits in it on the table when we eat and for some reason she is quiet!

Archived