POH questions

jwmcq

Some have mentioned that the POH sailed by the volcano pouring into the sea after visiting Hilo. Is this on every itinerary? I do not see it listed on ours, but our itinerary is no different that the others. The map on my itinerary does not match the written itinerary, so I cannot tell.

Someone mentioned sailing by the Na Pali coastline. Is this on every itinerary also?

I am on the farewell sailing of the POH (Jan 28) before she becomes the Jade. Will the current staff go with her? I was wondering if there would be a staff morale problem on this sailing or if they would be excited about going to Europe. I would guess a little of both, but wondered if anyone had any information about this.

Is there ever a night that is more formal than the others? I realize that with Freestyle dining you get a choice, but was not sure if many participated. Dressing for formal night has been a highlight on some of our past cruises, but if no one else dresses up, I would rather not.

Thanks in advance for answering my questions! I am new to NCL and freestyle cruising.

1. No cruise is sailing by the volcano night lava right now. There were a series of earthquakes during this past summer which altered the course of the lava flow. Currently it is heading through an area that can only be seen if you take a plane or helicopter tour.

2. All the cruises currently have the cruiseby NaPali coastline scheduled in.

3. From what others have already said on this board, those staff that want to stay will be on their best behavior to have their contracts renewed and those that dont want to be there, will probably be gone by then.

4. POH has an optional formal night with one of the dining rooms set aside for those you wish to dress up.

Looking forward to our cruise in December on the POH. :)

1. Thank you for the information. I knew there had been some earthquakes, but I had not realized the lava flow had changed.

2. Na Pali sounds great. I will definitely look forward to that!

3. I guess we will see. Hopefully all will be thrilled to be there and on their way to Europe.

4. Do you know which night is designated (optional) formal? If we had other plans for that night (like a luau), then I definitely would not bother with taking clothes for that.

Thanks again for the helpful information!

Let me add my 2 cents...on our 9/3 POH, quite a few people dressed up for formal night...not many in true formal but mostly sharp sundress or resort wear, glittery tops, cocktail dresses. There are of course the blue jeans and ball cap diehards, but who's got more class? As an additional point, NCL takes very nice photographs and many people use this night to get (purchase) a good picture of themselves.

Archived