Facts and figures!

LibraLass41

I was sorting out my cruise paperwork last night.... don't know about you, but I have a plastic wallet for each cruise, inside are the menus, ships newpapers, and bits of info such as wine lists, spa list etc, to help with queries on the boards etc.

Anyway, I have booked 6 cruises now since May 06, 4 completed and 2 to come for 2008. I thought I would divide the price per person by number of nights to see which cruises were cheaper, and guess what?

The 2008 cruises are the cheapest yet! My Venice 16n cruise works out at £117 pn (balcony) and the Ventura £119pn balcony( the Aurora 2n cruise in 2006 was £139pn for a inside cabin! ) The med cruise this June was the dearest £168pp - balcony. Perhaps that is because the ports cost more to dock in?

The 2008 cruises also have free carparking as we all know - worth £120 odd for 16n Venice - so a good deal for next year me thinks!

Another fact I worked out, is by Ventura weekender I will have completed my 50th night onboard so will be Sapphire on the following cruise, not bad for someone who was going on a one off cruise of a life time to celebrate their silver wedding anniversary last year ! LOL icon_razz.gif

This cruising lark is addictive isn't it?, and you meet so many lovely people!! icon_lol.gif

Sue x

Hi Sue

I'm off on Arcadia tomorrow, counting the hours!

Out of interest, who do you book with? When I was booking this cruise back in February I noticed quite a difference in prices quoted by various companies which had been recommended to me.

Polly

PN

Or more competition? Ventura, Victoria and Navigator of the seas all new EXTRA ships coming out of Southampton in 08 ?

Would the $ rate affect British Ships sailing from England PN?

Are most expenside cruise pp was the Med one, do you think that is because dock prices are more expensive in the Med ? Liverno and Civtavecchia?

Sue

Personally I have found CruiseKings lead in prices and email prices competitive, but nearly everyone can and will beat it, then CruiseKings dont always want to go that low!

I have found Barrhead Travel and Scotlands Cruise Centre competitive in the past, but as always, you need to shop around.

James

Archived